When converting m2ts to MKV or AVI DVDFab Convertor crashes right away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When converting m2ts to MKV or AVI DVDFab Convertor crashes right away

I did a couple of searches and did not find anything that was the same as my issue, but feel free to point me to another thread if there is an answer there.

I know that DVDFab does not have support for HD-DVD, and that is ok. I bought DVDFab anyhow. That being said, I still have several HD-DVDs that I want to rip to mkv files for watching on my streaming box on the TV. I know that DVDFab convertor can convert from m2ts to mkv / avi, so I used some other applications to first rip the HD-DVD to ISO, then demux from the ISO to files, then remux into m2ts file. I tested and the m2ts file plays great with no issues.

Now, I want to use DVDFab to convert the m2ts into a .mkv or .avi file. When I choose the m2ts source file DVDFab comes up as though it is trying to read the information for it, then it crashes and tells me that "DVDFab has encountered a problem and needs to close..."

My m2ts file is approximately 24.5 GB in size if that makes a difference. Anyhow, please let me know if there is something else I can try. I am able to get the conversion to work using a different program but it is extremely slow doing it that way. I would much rather have the speed of doing it through DVDFab.

Thanks for your assistance.

Ok, went to different section of the forums and saw that there was a new beta posted up today. I looked through the past few version changelogs for beta versions and one of them mentioned m2ts crashing for convertor. I just downloaded the latest beta and it is now trying to convert my m2ts.

I will report back if that is the complete fix. Thank you.

Comment

There is a old version of DVDFab that worked for HD DVD but I not remember what version that was. I do know the first version that was able to do some HD DVD and Blu-ray was DVDFab 5.0.8.5 and that was released August 2008. Maybe give that version a try for them HD DVDs but no way of using that version to convert to mobile

Also have you tried your HD DVDs with the latest DVDFab to see if still support it

Comment

Working...
      X