DVDFab 8 Blu-Ray to PS3 not working correctly on PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DVDFab 8 Blu-Ray to PS3 not working correctly on PS3

I have ripped many Blu-Ray discs to PS3 and they all play great off of my computer on my PS3 until DVDFab 8. I always disable cropping, up the resolution to 1920 X 1080 @ 0.150 bits/pixels. But since DVDFab 8, they won't play, they just freeze. To make sure it wasn't the Blu-Ray, I installed DVDFab 7 again, and it worked great (as usual). I find it hard to believe that changing the "menu" on 8 has affected so many options.

Ive just started using DVDFAB 8 and i ripped a DVD to PS3 format, but all it did was give me a folder of a bunch of mpeg4 video files... what am i sposed to do with all these? Was thinking there would only be on video file so i could then transfer it over to the PS3!

Comment

First of all!!!

You are wasting your time trying to use a game console as a media player. As far as I am concerned, they are all POS's!!!!

If you don't believe me, get onto the dedicated PS3 forums and ask!!!

Secondly, you have given no details of how you did this and I am not going to play 20 questions.

Read the posts on what detail is required and then we may be able to help.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

First of all gregiboy

I Have been using an xbox 360 for two years for streaming media to my television with less problems than any one I know that does it.

Secondly dont get mad with us because dvdfab 8 has alot of bugs now. We are asking questions and telling you are problems because it might be a problem with dvdfab 8. WE ARE TRYING TO HELP.

Comment

I certainly am not mad with you.

I am with people that release software that is not fit for human consumption.

You must have been one of the lucky ones with your XBox, or perhaps as I have with media players, invested your time & effort to get it working correctly which a lot of people seem incapable of.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I can also confirm this problem. However it seems to work if you just do a plain conversion to m2ts. I don't know if there is something with the conversion to mp4?
            EDIT: Converting to AVI also seems to work for me on PS3. Only the default PS3/mp4 conversion fails.
            Last edited by Aristoteles; 09-24-2010, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Agree. It appears to be an issue with the MPEG4 /h 264 encoder changes that were made between Maj. Version 7 and 8.

Per the change 8.0.0.2 log:

DVDFab "DVD Ripper":

* New: Rewritten conversion engine.
              * New: Added support for nVidia official CUDA encoder.
              * New: Added support for nVidia GeForce 400 series (Fermi) graphics cards.
              * Note: You may need update to the latest graphics card driver.
              * New: Improved conversion speed.
              * New: Improved H.264 encoding quality.
              * New: Improved mpeg4 encoding quality.
              * New: Added "Audio" device to extract audio easier.
              * Fix: Many A/V sync problems.

Comment

Just an update.
                With 8.0.2.2, the audio is only in the right speaker. I haven't tried it on my PS3 yet, but will update when I do.

Comment

Hi Kusaywa
                  Please give this thread a read through it may help http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8461
                  post #4
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

BTW Gregiboy, what more details do you need? Blu-Ray to Mobile, PS3 (only option available) then change resolution to 1920X1080 and disable cropping. No subtitles and no splitting. Only the movie! Corrected, on the Godfather 1 & 2 I did use subtitles. BTW, PS3 is more than a game system.

Comment

Same Problem with DVDs

I have been trying to rip several DVDs this past week and encountered the same problem. Would be nice if I could find version 7 to download and install again while we wait for version 8 to be corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by kisertn View Post
                        I have been trying to rip several DVDs this past week and encountered the same problem. Would be nice if I could find version 7 to download and install again while we wait for version 8 to be corrected.
                        Hi kisertn
                        Here you go http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php you can use an earlier version of Fab but they are not supported anymore.
                        Hope this helps
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                        X