Advise of Converting Old Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise of Converting Old Movies

Have a bunch of movies in WMV and AVI form all around 1gb ins size or less. Tries streaming them thru my WHS to my Dune player, but picture quality was horrible. Would like to convert them to better, viewable quality. Which selection in the dropdown box of the video convertor would achieve this desire.

Thx

A great deal depends on the original quality...eg., bitrate etc.
    Converting to a better quality may not be feasible.

Origin of files?
    How do they look on your pc?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Look great on PC, think that was what they were converted for originally. Some worked OK on streaming, others just looked like crap. I tried one convert, video was slightly better, but no sound.

Scott

Comment

I suggest you use MediaInfo (google it) to generate reports on both an OK streaming title and at least one that looked bad. I'm guessing that the on-the-fly recode for your WHS is not handling the conversion very well. You are on the right track trying to convert them to something your Dune likes natively.

Also, for those of us not familiar with the Dune, you may want to include the video specificiations that it supports.

Comment

Originally posted by sac130e View Post
          Have a bunch of movies in WMV and AVI form all around 1gb ins size or less. Tries streaming them thru my WHS to my Dune player, but picture quality was horrible. Would like to convert them to better, viewable quality. Which selection in the dropdown box of the video convertor would achieve this desire.

Thx
          sac130e,
          with all my love to DVDFab, I don't think it's right software for what you are trying to accomplish.
          To "remaster" your content, you would certainly need features like"denoising", "sharpening", etc., filters that DVDFab doesn't have or allowed to tweak. You should look for suitable for the job software... Google may come handy.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
          X