Ever since v7.0.9.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Ever since v7.0.9.3

Up until version 8, I have had no problems using DVD Ripper. Sadly since then I have had nothing but failures.

The problem is that having selected the title to encode, it starts at ~45fps and then drops till it reaches 0.00fps and never raises from there.

This evening I made the mistake of deciding to use v8.0.1.5ß, upgrading from a working 7.0.9.3. Once again the encoding failed. The profiles I have attempted to use are the standard 'generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy', 'generic.avi.divx.audiocopy', 'generic.avi.h264.audiocopy'. All settings are at default.
    This happens with all DVD's that I have tried.
    I am using Windows 7 x32bit, i7-750 cpu, 4gb ram.
    Thinking that there may have been a problem with my OS installation, I did a complete clean install last week, but this has obviously made no difference.

extract from the log of the last two attempts:

DVDFab 8.0.1.5 (2010/09/22 21:08:30)

0m 00.71s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 8.0.1.5 (2010/09/22 21:09:38)

0m 00.70s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 08.15s: pathplayer enabled
    0m 58.03s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

0m 58.03s: create config(0)
    0m 58.03s: convert profile(generic.default)
    0m 58.03s: dvd title(2) angle(0) chapter(1->17)
    0m 58.03s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,0)
    0m 59.06s: error: h264 encode macroblocks per second(28125) exceed the standard(11880), video size(720x400, 25), specify profile(0)-level(13)
    2m 51.89s: ------ cancel all mobile work -------

DVDFab 8.0.1.5 (2010/09/22 21:14:32)

0m 00.70s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 05.07s: pathplayer disabled 0
    0m 29.17s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

0m 29.17s: create config(0)
    0m 29.17s: convert profile(generic.default)
    0m 29.18s: dvd title(2) angle(0) chapter(1->17)
    0m 29.18s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,0)
    0m 30.21s: error: h264 encode macroblocks per second(28125) exceed the standard(11880), video size(720x400, 25), specify profile(0)-level(13)
    1m 09.90s: ------ cancel all mobile work -------

Anyone have any ideas as how to overcome this, or am I condemned to staying at v7.0.9.3?

Welcome to the club!

V8 has been the worst DVDFab I have ever used, it should of stayed in beta IMHO. I have been around since FAB 3 and seen a lot of issues creep up an get corrected fairly quickly. V8 was the game changer and has been totally useless here ad well. All I can recommend is install V7 and use that for know, I know V7 has som A/V sync issues but it does work and the sync is hit or miss.

Comment

Ozzie, I totally agree.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yeah Guys, I have both installed concurrently, and am mainly using v7.

I will upgrade the v8 as and when they are released and hope that at some point in the future it decides to work as well as the earlier versions.

Comment

Ozzie - I'm with you there. v7 does what I need it to do pretty well - and much better than v8!

Comment

I see that we are all in agreement.. v5 and v7 work perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by lbnicely View Post
              I see that we are all in agreement.. v5 and v7 work perfectly.
              I would not say perfectly(audio sync & subtitle issues), but certainly not to the extreme issues with V8.

Comment

I downloaded 8.0.1.6b this morning and decided to kick the tires a bit. I made a backup DVD, encode for the PSP and iPod Touch and all are flawless! This just has to be a system configuration problem or incompatibility issue of some kind. I tried it on both XP SP3 32 bit and W7 64 bit and it’s all good for me.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  I downloaded 8.0.1.6b this morning and decided to kick the tires a bit. I made a backup DVD, encode for the PSP and iPod Touch and all are flawless! This just has to be a system configuration problem or incompatibility issue of some kind. I tried it on both XP SP3 32 bit and W7 64 bit and it’s all good for me.
                  Can't see how, exactly the same system, 7093 works, 8x doesn't. DVD copy works, but if you read the original post, you will notice that I am using avi, not psp nor ipod. Whilst I am pleased that it works for you, for my requirements it is a different story. I will try the new beta and hope it fixes things.

Cheers

Comment

I'm sure I had 8 something beta working, and then my Video card burned almost at same time. Now running on on-board graphics 8 stops, 7 "works".
                    I know I tested 8 and had same compression video problem as in 7, because I have huge problems with 16:9 and 2:1 giving narrow video and black bars.

But as i said after my video burned and i have to use on-board for a while 8 stopped working even if all cuda ect. is disabled. So my suspicion is incapability with video card, but sadly I have to stick with on-board until I have some money for a new system.

"other program" has never had any problems (was slow a version ago but not any-more), i have only had success with dvdfab on those old 4:3 series. Now i only use dvdfab to make .srt files for the mp4 made by "other program" and of-course ripping.
                    Last edited by benny_tllh; 09-26-2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

@benny_tllh

Check to make sure your on board graphics card has the latest updated drivers as DVDFab requires it to be up to date

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
                        Welcome to the club!

V8 has been the worst DVDFab I have ever used, it should of stayed in beta IMHO. I have been around since FAB 3 and seen a lot of issues creep up an get corrected fairly quickly. V8 was the game changer and has been totally useless here ad well. All I can recommend is install V7 and use that for know, I know V7 has som A/V sync issues but it does work and the sync is hit or miss.
                        100% agree.

the worst is they seem unable to fix it.
                        i mean these errors are not something you encounter once in a year when you use some strange settings.

Comment

UMMMM!!!!
                          Just to make it even more interesting, I have installed the latest beta (8016) on both my personal machine and my Toshiba laptop. Using default profiles (avi), the same problems persist, however .... and this is what confuses me, if I use 'GregiBoys' samsung profile, suddenly it all works as it should.

So, colour me confused and dip me in irritated, this makes no sense to me what so ever.

Whilst the 'out of box' experience of v8.x has been disappointing, at least there is a work around.

Thank you GregiBoy for your sanity saving profile ... you are a legend.

Comment

I'm doing some tests for the DVDFab Ripper and will include the avi in it as well. Which default profiles you used that gave the problem

Comment

Wouldn't that indicate to you profile and settings rather than sofware?
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X