Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. Understood. Problem is, I'm active duty US military, and I deploy a lot to ships. I can't take a desktop out there, but we do A LOT of video conversion while we're out there. So, alas, we're forced to use laptops. Hopefully my processor has a long life expectancy, so that when I cut it in half, it's still a ways off.
    Last edited by Chris001; 10-29-2009, 10:16 PM. Reason: Grammar corrections

Comment

I put my laptop in front of a 20" fan and turn it to 2 and keep the computer cool. So far -so good.

Comment

hi,

For the convert task, many user expect it finish quickly.

DVDFab will using more CPU and memory.

For the high memory usage, current logic not very efficiency.

For the high CPU using, which is decide by the convert work, if output file resolution is bigger, so the encoder will use most part of CPU, specially for H264 encode. example for Bluray compression task, which also takes up 100% for my Quad9300 CPU. , maybe in the future we need add some control option let user to decide how many resource should be used.

I am always working at improve the encode efficiency and low resource use, like add GPU acceleration, which has been used in Bluray compression. and current I am working at transfer this code to "DVD to mobile" part.

so please be patient .

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
          I am always working at improve the encode efficiency and low resource use, like add GPU acceleration, which has been used in Bluray compression. and current I am working at transfer this code to "DVD to mobile" part.

so please be patient .
          That's very good to hear ting, appreciate all the hard work!!

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
            maybe in the future we need add some control option let user to decide how many resource should be used.
            That would be much appreciated. Maybe have an option to tell DVDFab to work in the background, in which mode it would use less resources, so that you may multi-task while it's running. Or just have a "Low Resource Usage" mode that warns you that it might take longer, but uses less system resources to allow for multi-tasking.

That would be awesome. Thanks for all the work with DVDFab. Great program.

Comment

Working...
            X