MKV conversions - Problem with some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper MKV conversions - Problem with some

I'm trying to convert my backups to mkv's to play on my new Seagate GoFlex TV media player. I used the standard mkv.h264.audiocopy profile, and some files play, while others do not. When trying to play certain files, the media player screen flashes, then returns all the way to the home screen.

Some files that didn't work, I converted a second time, and some worked then. I need to do some more testing, but can't figure out where to start, and what settings if any, I can change. Also did some BD Ripper conversions, and they all seem to be okay. I think the BD profile is different than the DVD one, but not sure.

Anyone else experience this? I could include logs if needed, but all the files play fine using VLC on the PC, and as I said, a second conversion sometimes fixes the problem.
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (Stock)
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P w/ FD Bios
    4MB G.Skill PC2-6400
    nVidia GeForce GT 240

Originally posted by rschildt View Post
    I'm trying to convert my backups to mkv's to play on my new Seagate GoFlex TV media player. I used the standard mkv.h264.audiocopy profile, and some files play, while others do not. When trying to play certain files, the media player screen flashes, then returns all the way to the home screen.

Some files that didn't work, I converted a second time, and some worked then. I need to do some more testing, but can't figure out where to start, and what settings if any, I can change. Also did some BD Ripper conversions, and they all seem to be okay. I think the BD profile is different than the DVD one, but not sure.

Anyone else experience this? I could include logs if needed, but all the files play fine using VLC on the PC, and as I said, a second conversion sometimes fixes the problem.
    From what you're saying, it's obvious that there's nothing wrong with encoding itself; otherwise, VLC wouldn't play file either.
    Most likely your mediaplayer's codec is outdated and can't take DVDFab encodings with dignity. Simple cure for this is to go to manufacturer's website and see if they offer any firmware updates. If not, write letter to manufacturer describing your problem and try to go around by using "remux" profile without any compression and see if your player can take native code without problems.
    Please let us know the results. Thx.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

i use the remux and some movies work and some don't . Get can not play this file off my hard drive? Why do some work and some do'nt?

Comment

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
        i use the remux and some movies work and some don't . Get can not play this file off my hard drive? Why do some work and some do'nt?
        Codec baby, codec.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Well it's not like i can add codecs to the blu-ray player and it has the updated firmware. But if i use another program that i have to make mkv they play no problem! The only thing about that is that i loose the dts and it makes dolby digital 5.1 instead.

Comment

i get unknown format from the player?

Comment

i just did speed the movie and i get unknown format. If i put that mkv through mkv merge then the movie will play? So something on fab's part is'nt doing something or missing something in the mkv format?

Comment

Working...
              X