• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper (8.0.2.1) Stutter / Jurkiness still present in .mp4 conversions

The MP4 conversion video jerkiness / stutter is still present in 8.0.2.1

Logs and profile (default PS3 - uised with default values) attached:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wallacebw; 10-01-2010, 12:45 AM.

Originally posted by wallacebw View Post
    The MP4 conversion video jerkiness / stutter is still present in 8.0.2.1

Logs and profile (default PS3 - uised with default values) attached:
    im glad to see im not the only one. I emailed 2 days ago with no response. very unhappy since I just renewed and bought the lifetime

Comment

Same for me.

Getting totally, 100% bored of the whole thing. So many people have complained about the jerkiness but nothing to even acknowledge the problem on the forum.

Version 7, absolutely fine for DVD to mp4 (in my case 800 x 4xx for HD2). I upgraded to the blu-ray ripper and just got jerky results. Then came version 8 and rather than fixing the blu-ray ripper jerkiness it just seemed to so kindly have the same effect on DVD conversions. Like whatever framerate detection engine was being used for the blu-ray rips infected the DVD one (or is common).

Just tried a PAL DVD on 8.0.2.2 and got jerky results, both on a one pass and two pass attempt. Exactly the same settings that were fine on 7.x (though if I use a pre-canned setting it is no different).

Comment

Out of interest, did those of you with issues upgrade from 7.x to 8.x on the same system or is it a clean install? Trying a different machine at present to see if it makes a difference.

Comment

I did a clean install of 8.2.2.2, as informed to do by the support email, still does. on my desk top and my laptop. was told to set setting to software. nothing. really pissed since I just bought the lifetime after having no prob the first year I used dvdfab

Comment

Is this thread about SD discs or BR? It should be about SD since it is under the DVD Ripper heading but it has gotten so convoluted I can't tell.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              Is this thread about SD discs or BR? It should be about SD since it is under the DVD Ripper heading but it has gotten so convoluted I can't tell.
              Yes this thread about DVDs and post #3 was about both DVD and Blu-ray and PAL DVDs as well

Comment

I also noticed that framerate detection results differ between the 7.x and 8.x branches of code when analyzing the same DVD... (SD DVD, not HD BluRay).

Comment

My understanding is that v8 has a completely new encoding engine so that may be a result of the change.

Some other members have had luck unistalling, using CCleaner or something like it to remove all traces of it (orphan files) and reinstalling. I don't think it was this specific issue but it might help?
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X