iPad and Ipod....Same Copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad and Ipod....Same Copy?

I have used DVDFab for years and really like it but must admit I don't have a lot of understanding about what's under the hood, so to speak. We just got an iPad and also have an iPod Touch, how much difference is there in the profile for the ipad vs the touch? Do I need a DVD copy specific for each device or can I use one for both?

I’ve been reviewing specs on the iPad trying to decide if I want one or not. I don’t see any reason the conversions for the Touch won’t play on it, keeping in mind the aspect ratios are slightly different. I’m a little confused by the iPad’s native resolution of 1024x768, that’s 4:3 full screen? It will take some serious manipulation and heavy loss on the sides to fill the display with a standard HD wide screen movie. I’ll attach a picture based on the iPad screen resolution and demonstrate what I mean. Keep me posted on your results and opinion of the iPad please.
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I was hoping for the iPad to be a 1.78:1 ratios myself since my main use for iPad is video on the road, but for some reason they opted for the 1.33:1, which is crappy for movie buffs.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        I’ve been reviewing specs on the iPad trying to decide if I want one or not. I don’t see any reason the conversions for the Touch won’t play on it, keeping in mind the aspect ratios are slightly different. I’m a little confused by the iPad’s native resolution of 1024x768, that’s 4:3 full screen? It will take some serious manipulation and heavy loss on the sides to fill the display with a standard HD wide screen movie. I’ll attach a picture based on the iPad screen resolution and demonstrate what I mean. Keep me posted on your results and opinion of the iPad please.
        \

So far we are enjoying the iPad, more of a novelity than anything. As far as I can tell the only difference between the settings on the iPad copy and the Itouch copy is the size of the picture...is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by blackcows View Post
          \

So far we are enjoying the iPad, more of a novelity than anything. As far as I can tell the only difference between the settings on the iPad copy and the Itouch copy is the size of the picture...is that correct?

Yeah as far as I can tell that is the only difference. Will the iPad expand the picture? The Touch will if you tap the screen and then the arrows in the upper righthand side.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
            I was hoping for the iPad to be a 1.78:1 ratios myself since my main use for iPad is video on the road, but for some reason they opted for the 1.33:1, which is crappy for movie buffs.

My point exactly, don't know if I want one or not? I'm not that fond of black bars.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X