Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper (8.0.2.2) Stutter / Jurkiness still present in .mp4 conversions

in a continuation of:

The .mp4 Stutter / Jurkiness is still present in 8.0.2.2. logs attached.

Also, If there is any special testing or procedures I can execute to gather debugging info, please let me know. I am happy to provide feedback.
    Attached Files

Original thread now closed.

Comment

Also, are there any tools or procedures to fully clean DVDFAB from my system to ensure that I am working on a clean slate.

outside of uninstalling the app, should I wipe the program folder, any registry keys, etc?

I'm hoping to uninstall, clean, reboot, install 8.0.2.2 (or newer) and retest.

Thanks,

Comment

nothing will give you the 30 day trial back but after using the uninstaller that comes with DVDFab you can use CCleaner's registry cleaner to remove the left DVDFab files as that how I used to clean DVDFab from my computer. Now I use a Paid program that I like better

Comment

I'm on a paid version, so that's not an issue. also, I don't want to run a generic 'cleaner' util as that should not be required and they can actually break several things such as valid references to removable media, encrypted volumes, etc.

The devs should know what paths / keys there app references and be able to provide a list like:

Uninstall, reboot then delete:
          %programfiles%\dvdfab 8\
          HKCU/software/dvdfab/
          etc
          etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wallacebw View Post
            I'm on a paid version, so that's not an issue. also, I don't want to run a generic 'cleaner' util as that should not be required and they can actually break several things such as valid references to removable media, encrypted volumes, etc.

The devs should know what paths / keys there app references and be able to provide a list like:

Uninstall, reboot then delete:
            %programfiles%\dvdfab 8\
            HKCU/software/dvdfab/
            etc
            etc.
            That's easy go into regedit and open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT search for DVDFab once found remove everything with DVDFab name. Then open HKEY_CURRENT_USER-Software and remove all DVDFab reference but do not remove the ones for DVDFab Passkey or Virtual drive if they installed. then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER-S-1-5-21-(lots number ending with 1001)-software and do the same thing.

Now go to computer-local disk and click organize. In the pop up click View and then select show hidden files and Apply/OK. GO to users-Your name-AppData-Roaming and delete DVDFab. Also don't forget to delete the DVDFab folder in Documents as that is not removed. Don't forget to hide the hidden folders when done as well

Comment

If have seen this same problem when using the iPad h.264 DVD Ripper Option. If I use just the iPad h.264 and don't click to set is as the default it works fine without the stutter. I have tried this several times and can always replicate the problem when it is set to iPad h.264 default the video stutters.

Comment

Same problem here, been using DVDFAB for years now and have licensed copy. This video studder sucks. Can someone from DVDFAB please respond to this thread with at least an acknowledgement of the problem? Would be great if they would respond with something along the lines that they are working to resolve or something!

Also, why was the other thread concerning this issued closed if not resolution was ever posted?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmoose153 View Post
                  Would be great if they would respond with something along the lines that they are working to resolve or something!

Also, why was the other thread concerning this issued closed if not resolution was ever posted?
                  The DVDFab developers will reply when they reply but for now they have a holiday in China and it not over till the weekend.

As for the other thread being closed it was for old version and this thread is for new version

Comment

Working...
                  X