Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two problems - pixelation and out of sync audio in HD-WMV when converting blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Two problems - pixelation and out of sync audio in HD-WMV when converting blu-ray

I converted Transformers blu-ray to HD-WMV for playback on my xbox via windows media center. I used two-pass conversion and kept the audio 5.1. Every now and then there is pixelation in the scene, at the same place both on the xbox and when I play on PC.

Separately many DVDs I have converted (always using 2-pass and 5.1 audio) have out of sync audio.

Originally posted by saurin View Post
    I converted Transformers blu-ray to HD-WMV for playback on my xbox via windows media center. I used two-pass conversion and kept the audio 5.1. Every now and then there is pixelation in the scene, at the same place both on the xbox and when I play on PC.

Separately many DVDs I have converted (always using 2-pass and 5.1 audio) have out of sync audio.
    Well for starters I sure hope you are not using the Video Converter on Blu-ray m2ts files as that will not work. You need to be using the Blu-ray Ripper to do what you want. I do not have pixalation or audio sync issues doing the Xbox conversion but I only use 1 pass so maybe give that a try instead of 2 pass

Comment

Thanks, I have used the Blu-Ray ripper first. I'll try the one-pass and see what happens. Is there much a PQ difference between the one pass and two pass?

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      Well for starters I sure hope you are not using the Video Converter on Blu-ray m2ts files as that will not work. You need to be using the Blu-ray Ripper to do what you want. I do not have pixalation or audio sync issues doing the Xbox conversion but I only use 1 pass so maybe give that a try instead of 2 pass

Comment

Is there much a PQ difference between the one pass and two pass?
        I do not notice the PQ difference but I do not have a HDTV.

Comment

tried 1-pass, no pixelation but now audio out of sync

so it tried the 1-pass. that seemed to clean up the pixelation issue, but now the audio is out of sync. almost all my WMVs made via DVDFab have out of sync audio issues. how can i fix this?

Comment

so it tried the 1-pass. that seemed to clean up the pixelation issue, but now the audio is out of sync. almost all my WMVs made via DVDFab have out of sync audio issues. how can i fix this?
            I do not have the audio sync problem but in DVDfab common settings A/V change it to all software to see if that helps

Comment

I set everything to software. Only the last one said Software + CUDA (I dont think I have a CUDA card), but I'll try again and let you know. BTW I am using v8.0.2.2

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
              I do not have the audio sync problem but in DVDfab common settings A/V change it to all software to see if that helps

Comment

I was getting horrible pixelization with wmv conversions. Since a few people including AGJ said they are not having issues, I decided to look at my system more. I noticed a different movie I created looked fine in Windows Media Center but when trying to convert it in FAB the preview had artifacts. Opened the same file with Nero media hub and it had artifacts.

Lightbulb. I uninstalled Nero and Roxio and now when I convert with FAB the pixelization is gone. Not sure which one caused it but I had recently upgraded both to the latest version / patches.

Thought it might be worth a try for others to investigate other software media players installed whose codecs might be causing issues with FAB conversions. Once again like many others, version 6 and 7 worked for DVD and what Bluray features available but I've been struggling with 8 all on the same system.

I still get audio synch issues at times but I'll try to solve that next.

Comment

Working...
                X