8.0.2.2 Blue Ray Ripper/ PS3 Audio Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 8.0.2.2 Blue Ray Ripper/ PS3 Audio Issue

I am using DVD Fab 8.0.2.2 and using the Blue Ray ripper to convert to blue ray to PS3 Mp4 file on My Sony Vaio Laptop. I am connected via optical cable from a high end Sony Home Theater Receiver that is capable of 5/6.1 and DTS directly to the PS3. There is no problem with the video result and 1080P is maintained but even though DTS Audio is selected it still removes it from the final mp4 and the audio is always only in pro logic no matter what the movie. All other physical Blue Ray discs play 5.1, DTS, etc as normal and the blue ray to blue ray dvd-r copy makes maintains the audio format as well. I have had this problem with previous versions of DVD Fab and have yet to have the audio maintained in its original format when converting to a PS3 file. I have read posts on the web that the it will not work for the PS3. Is that the case? Has anyone been able to maintain DTS or 5/6.1 on the final PS3 Mp4 conversion. If so what are the settings to achieve that?

Last I checked, the PS3 will not play DTS, HD audio, or VC-1 video from a file (direct or streamed). This is a intential software limitation put in by Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      Last I checked, the PS3 will not play DTS, HD audio, or VC-1 video from a file (direct or streamed). This is a intential software limitation put in by Sony.
      This is incorrect. The PS3 plays DTS and HD Audio.

Comment

Originally posted by sjm992 View Post
        This is incorrect. The PS3 plays DTS and HD Audio.
        From a file? I know it supports it from a disc. Do you know what firmware version this was changed in?

Comment

dvdfAB 8.0.2.2 blue frayu audio issue

SJM 992 is correct the PS3 has no issues playing a physical blue ray disc with the DTS or 5/6.1 sound intact even an exact copy of made with blue ray copy feature. The only issue I have ever had is trying to convert a blue ray to a PS3MP4 file. It only plays in 2 channel even though DTS or 5/6.1 is pre-selected.DVD fab tech support and several other post I have read online advise to choose the generic option. There is no such option in 8.0.2.2. Only MP4,AVI, etc. Anyone out there using DVD Fab 8 that has figured out how to maintain 5.1/DTS audio when converting blue ray to a PS3MP4 file?

Comment

That's what Complication is trying to tell you...the PS3 does not play 5.1 Dts properly from a data "file". (disc yes, file no)

Its always been a PS3 limitation.

Comment

I understand that. The sad part is all the DVDfab tech support reps I have emailed in the past year or so never mention that limitation and even state it should work fine maintaining the DTS/5.1 audio when using the PS3 option. My thing is don't offer a PS3 DTS/5.1 Audio option to select at all if it will not actually do it.Or at least post a short disclaimer about that with the PS3 option.

Comment

You might consider adding your support to this feature request:

DTS to AC3

Comment

PS3 DTS/5.1 Audio issue resolved

I just wanted update everyone know and also laugh at myself regarding this issue. I have received repeated responses from everyone indicating that the PS3 will absolutely not recognize the DTS/5.1 in a blue ray to ps3 conversion and it is a limitation of the PS3. I started to believe it and was about to give up when I thought I would check the optical audio settings in the PS3 again just for kicks. I was pleasantly surprised to fine one audio format not selected "AAC".Hmmmm....I checked, saved and opened a PS3 MP4 blue ray that I had previously converted and saved to the hard drive that would only play in PRO Logic and what do you know I suddenly have 5.1 digital cinema surround.Not quite as pristeen as physical disc but darn close. So clearly the PS3 "does" have that capability and to be fair it may have come in one of the recent firmware updates. I just wanted to let everyone know and hopefully help prevent some of the frustration I and others have gone through for so long. I also received the same adamant response from the PS3 forum that under no circumstances does the PS3 have the capability to retain the DTS/5.1 audio of DVDFab blue ray to PS3 conversion. I will be copying this to my post reply there next. Here are my settings and equipment configuration:
                  -PS3 60gb with most recent firmware
                  -Audio set to bitstream not linear and AAC, DTS,5.1 etc all selected file types
                  -Optical connection directly to a Sony DAE5S home theater receiver that supports mpeg playback

Comment

AAC has no affiliation with how Dts is affected...unless the audio is in AAC format to begin with.

But Im glad you got it working.
                    Last edited by crackinhedz; 10-17-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by namrevil71 View Post
                      ...opened a PS3 MP4 blue ray that I had previously converted and saved to the hard drive that would only play in PRO Logic and what do you know I suddenly have 5.1 digital cinema surround.
                      AAC 5.1 will work
                      AC3 5.1 will work
                      DTS and HD Audio will not work in a file.

Hope it is all clear now.

Comment

Complication,

I have never used the BD to MP4 feature, is it possible the 'PS3 Dts' profile is converting to AAC 5.1?

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
                          Complication,

I have never used the BD to MP4 feature, is it possible the 'PS3 Dts' profile is converting to AAC 5.1?
                          I'm not sure what profile you are talking about. The PS3 profile in BD Ripper only outputs in AAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                            The PS3 profile in BD Ripper only outputs in AAC.
                            well then I guess that's the answer?

Comment

Working...
                            X