DVD Fab 8.0.2.2 and PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab 8.0.2.2 and PS3

I am trying to track down the source of the issue.

I recently upgraded to DVDFab 8.0.2.2 and the movies I rip to PS3 MP4 format will not play on my PS3

Everything ripped from the DVD7 version I still have installed and all versions previous play fine when streamed to my PS3 only the DF8 will not play.

I am using TVersity 1.9 with latest FFDshow and Haali splitter to stream.

the PS3 has the latest firmware.

Any thoughts or suggestions, Somewhere I came across a post about someone having an issue with MP4.2 not working on the PS3 and no one provided a solution.

Thanks for help, suggestions or links to them.

In addition I have tried copying one of the files to the PS3, instead of streaming to the PS3

In the XMB it will show a few seconds of the video intro, if I go into options for the video, but it will not play the video.

On my PC the video plays fine as an MP4.

Comment

I just did Alice In Wonderland for the grandkids to put on the PS3 in the playroom, after your initial post, and it works fine. Is this one particular movie or all? Tell us what settings you are using and I’ll try to reproduce it. I moved the movie to the PS3 HDD via USB drive by the way I gave up streaming to it long ago.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I've been using TVersity to stream to my PS3 for 2+ years with no problems, I have a GB network line to it. I also setup Tversity following the specific instructions for PS3s and MKV files in their forums.

I ripped 4 videos with DF8.0.2.2 None of them are playable on the PS3
        The video's play just fine on PC. (iron man 2, Samurai avenger, Bitten, transylmania)

I had several Disks that I had to use DF7 to rip because they would drop 0FPS transfer and sit there. (medium season 5) As mentioned before everything ripped with DF7 and earlier streams just fine to the PS3.

I rechecked and none of the 4 ripped with DF8 will play even copied to the PS3.

System-
        Core 2 E6550 4GB ram 1tb drive XPsp3 all current patches
        Video NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB

A/v Codec
        Video Decoder
        H.264 -Software
        VC1- Software
        Mpeg2- Software

Video Encoder
        H.264 -Software+CUDA

Codec information
        Graphics Chipset :
        NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

CUDA Driver Version: 3.10
        CUDA Capability revision number: 1.1

Supported Video Codecs :
        CUDA_MODE_H264
        CUDA_MODE_VC1
        DXVA_MODE_H264

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

DVD Ripper -PS3
        Conversion settings Device PS3- Playstation 3
        The profile is used to create mp4(h264 + aac) file, which can be played in Playstation 3.

All other settings are left at video Default

Comment

Originally posted by sehson View Post
          A/v Codec
          Video Decoder
          H.264 -Software
          VC1- Software

Mpeg2- Software

Video Encoder
          H.264 -Software+CUDA
          Codec information
          Graphics Chipset :
          NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
          Supported Video Codecs :
          CUDA_MODE_H264
          CUDA_MODE_VC1

DXVA_MODE_H264
          Change what is in BOLD to CUDA instead of Software and check to make sure you have the latest updated drivers for your NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Video card. Once that done give another try to see if that works. I not have a PS3 so not able to test

Comment

OK I did some tests.

Changing Video Decoder to recommended CUDA settings, created a PS3 mp4 that was still unplayable

Changing all the Video decoder and encoder settings to just software, produced a PS3 mp4 file that was playable but had major pixelization and scan lines throughout

Ripping to AVI with the recommended AV Codec settings produced a DIVX avi that was streamable with minor pixelization and scan lines in parts of the video.

This is from a movie (nims Island) that I still have on my hard drive from some time ago, DVD copied to hard drive( no compresion/dvd9), then Ripped to PS3 with DF7 with no problems, no pixelization or scan lines.

Comment

And as I forgot to mention... My Nvidia Drivers are the latest release version

Comment

OK Revisit after upgrades

8.0.3.2 same issues.

I don't know if it's My video card and the software don't like each other or what. after upgrading to LAtest Nvidia driver 260.99 (oct 25 2010)

And DVDFab 8.0.4.0 I get Different issues.

System-
                Core 2 E6550 4GB ram 1tb drive XPsp3 all current patches
                Video NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB

A/v Codec
                Video Decoder
                H.264 -Software
                VC1- Software
                Mpeg2- Software

Video Encoder
                H.264 -Software

With these settings I can now rip a video to "PS3" .mp4 format that plays on my PS3 Where as under the previous 2 nothing worked.

Now if I change the settings to support CUDA,

DVDfab crashes and gives the following error.

19:18:28: Conversion: one pass
                19:18:28: CUDA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled

19:18:28: CUDA GPU acceleration for video encoding enabled

19:18:42: Work 1 failed, Error = 504.00 0 filter(type2:id1), info = 502.04 7 706 13,

19:18:43: Process failed!

This information is being presented to assist in further development.

Comment

Working...
                X