Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper AVI rips do not work with v8.0.2.2

Hi Everyone,

Judging from the amount of recent posts, it seems like version 8 is having a lot of problems with it's ripping section, here's another.

Don't know if this is "known problem" or not but my "Generic" or "To AVI" conversions (xdiv.avi.mp3 audio) with v8.0.2.2 are not working at all. The resulting videos appear incorrectly cropped and are highly distorted.

NOTE: The same disc with same profile and settings was ripped perfectly using DVDFab 7 which is what I'm using until a fix comes through.

Is an update in the works Fengtao?

Thanks,

Organ

Organdude, this is a known issue (and has been for all versions since 8.0.0.5). It is supposedly being worked on, though I have no idea if it's considered a priority. Surprising really, as I for one just can't use the DVD Ripper at all because of this problem!

Comment

Use a previous version that works.

Hey wozburger, sorry to hear that the Fab is acting up for you as well.

With major version changes (DVDFab6 to 7, 7 to 8 etc.) I've gotten into the habit of keeping the older version installed for a while as a workaround for these situations.

You can only get the most recent or beta version at the DVDFab website, but there are other places that offer "legacy versions" of DVDFab for download. The AVI profile that I usually use works fine in version 7.0.9.3 for example.

http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php

Cheers!

UPDATE: DVDFab 8.0.2.3 Beta (October 11, 2010) is out, but there's no mention of fixes to DVD Ripper!
      Last edited by Organdude; 10-11-2010, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Hi Organdude:
        Which DVD you ripped?
        Wether the Decoder and the Encoder are software that you set? Since it is ok for my result.

Thanks,
        Potti

Comment

Hi Potti,

DVD used:
          My first attempt was with "Percy Jackson". I also tried a couple of other not so recent DVDs as well (can't remember the titles), same unusable output.

A/V Codec:
          All options set to "Software".

Other settings:
          I typically use a custom resolution of 320x240, and adjust the cropping to "full screen" (no black bars).

Again, the identical settings in DVDFab 7.0.9.3 produced excellent results.

Thanks for asking!

Comment

I found elsewhere in the forum something about the profiles not being able to be used from version 7 in version 8.

I got rid of the profiles from 7 and recreated them in 8 and ever since, things have been wonderful. All my sync issues are gone along with any other issues I had in 7.

(Jeez, did I just put the whammy on myself or what?)

Comment

Originally posted by vz333 View Post
              I found elsewhere in the forum something about the profiles not being able to be used from version 7 in version 8.

I got rid of the profiles from 7 and recreated them in 8 and ever since, things have been wonderful. All my sync issues are gone along with any other issues I had in 7.

(Jeez, did I just put the whammy on myself or what?)
              Glad you got it figured out and if only the others who have those problems would try that as well

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                Glad you got it figured out and if only the others who have those problems would try that as well
                Sorry but what profiles are we speaking of and what exactly is it that needs to be gotten rid of?

The only "profiles" that I use are the original DVDFab profiles, as delivered with each version of the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Organdude View Post
                  Sorry but what profiles are we speaking of and what exactly is it that needs to be gotten rid of?

The only "profiles" that I use are the original DVDFab profiles, as delivered with each version of the program.
                  Same here. It's not always a case of user error!

The cropping problem is a known one that doesn't appear to be a high priority of the developers considering the amount of time it's been known and severity of the issue. And the fact that version 7 worked fine in this regards just exacerbates the problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X