iPad Compatible with Chapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) iPad Compatible with Chapters

I am trying to figure out how to get the following file from a BD Rip so it'll play both on an iPad and my HTPC with 5.1 Audio:

1. iPad compatable 720p .mp4
    2. AAC 5.1 Audio
    3. Chapter Markers
    4. Forced Subtitles

For the life of me I cannot find the settings that will do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

No help? Is this just not possible with DVDFab?

Comment

Hi JMGNYC,

We deeply apologize for this kind of delay at first.

Please use Blu-ray Ripper - iPad option to convert, insert original movie to your BD drive, select the titles need to convert, click on "Edit", open "Conversion settings", then you can adjust the parameter settings for the converted movie files specifically.

Please click on "Video Effect Settings", then change the aspect ratio or customize the output size for your needs.

Any questions in future, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
      Sunny
      ________
      PAXIL SIDE EFFECT
      Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
        Hi JMGNYC,

We deeply apologize for this kind of delay at first.

Please use Blu-ray Ripper - iPad option to convert, insert original movie to your BD drive, select the titles need to convert, click on "Edit", open "Conversion settings", then you can adjust the parameter settings for the converted movie files specifically.

Please click on "Video Effect Settings", then change the aspect ratio or customize the output size for your needs.

Any questions in future, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
        Sunny
        Thanks for the reply but I do not see any options for setting up chapter markers or getting 5.1 AAC sound with the iPad option. I at least see 5.1 AAC with the generic mp4 h.264 but still no chapter markers.

Comment

1. iPad compatable 720p .mp4
          3. Chapter Markers
          4. Forced Subtitles
          1.3.4 are already supported.

2. AAC 5.1 Audio
          2 is not supported in iPad profile yet, but can iPad output 5.1 audio?
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thanks fengtao. Where is DVDFab is the input for the chapters? Normally in iPad there's a little icon that pop-ups a list of chapters with their names. I cannot find where to enter the chapter names in DVDFab.

iPad can play 5.1 AAC audio. I have a number of DVDs ripped with 5.1 AAC. Using the headphones on iPad they get downmixed to 2.0 by the iPad. Playing them on PC I get full 5.1 audio. I believe if you use the proper connectors to the iPad it'll output 5.1. AppleTV definitely does it. In any case, it would be nice to have a single file for playback on iPad, PC, or AppleTV getting the 5.1 audio if the device/connections are right.

Is it possible to add the 5.1 AAC option to the iPad profile just like the generic profile?

Comment

Originally posted by JMGNYC View Post
              Thanks fengtao. Where is DVDFab is the input for the chapters? Normally in iPad there's a little icon that pop-ups a list of chapters with their names. I cannot find where to enter the chapter names in DVDFab.

iPad can play 5.1 AAC audio. I have a number of DVDs ripped with 5.1 AAC. Using the headphones on iPad they get downmixed to 2.0 by the iPad. Playing them on PC I get full 5.1 audio. I believe if you use the proper connectors to the iPad it'll output 5.1. AppleTV definitely does it. In any case, it would be nice to have a single file for playback on iPad, PC, or AppleTV getting the 5.1 audio if the device/connections are right.

Is it possible to add the 5.1 AAC option to the iPad profile just like the generic profile?
              Re-naming chapters isn't an option yet but I think it'll be added eventually.

Comment

Chapter Markers

Like JYGNYC, I want to have chapter markers in my ripped blu-ray films that I am converting to iPad format, but haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

I don't want to re-name the chapters; I just want to get the markers to appear. Nowhere in the interface can I find a place to enable them to be inserted. Is it hidden somewhere, or are chapters when using the iPad settings simply not supported?

Please help!

Comment

Hellooo! Any DVDFab people out there?

Comment

Please go to "Conversion settings", set "split" as "split by chapther", then convert to get the chapters files. This is the only chapter setting in Blu-ray Ripper.
                    Last edited by sunny; 04-15-2011, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
                      Please go to "Conversion settings", set "split" as "split by chapther", then convert to get the chapters files. This is the only chapter setting in Blu-ray Ripper.
                      Does this option mean that there are going to be several video files (one for each chapter)?

Answer: Yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X