No announcement yet.

Win7x64 8.0.2.2 GUI vanishes during AVI conversion but program continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Win7x64 8.0.2.2 GUI vanishes during AVI conversion but program continues

Yep, when doing other tasks which require swapping windows, the GUI for DVDFab disappears as well as does the task bar icon in Win 7x64, and yet, the program continues to work in the background and finish the conversion flawlessly. A check of the Task Manager shows the DVDFab process so I kill it there, and reopen to being the next process. I can the program without killing the process, and the GUI will disappear again, then leaving two DVDFab processes.. etc.

Is this a known issue/compatibility problem with certain software? This has not occurred prior to version 8.0.2.2..

There are no error messages or anything, the GUI and Task bar Icon just disappear and the program continues to do what it's supposed to do without the front end.

Hey Fombat,
    I can't provide any help but I can confirm this on my machine as well (for DVD Copy also). It hasn't happened enough for me to try to determine what causes it like you have but the first time I wasn't sure what was going on and ended up kicking the dvd out - which did cause a DVDFab error window to show up. I haven't experienced this at all on the 8.0.2.4 beta though.
    Also running Win7 64bit.

Comment

Hi Fombat,

Please try DVDFab 8.0.2.4 Beta at

to see if you still encounter the same issue.

When you running DVDFab, please disable all the other background tasks in your windows task manager. You'd better convert without too much interference.

Kind regards,
      sunny
      ________
      Kitchen Measures
      Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X