Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) to MKV file too big

Hi,

I have used DVDfab before and was able to rip a blu ray to mkv to an about 5 or 6GB file.

I forgot how to do that, and now the files are between 20 and 30 GB.

What I am doing wrong?

What I am doing is just activate "remove hd audio" and I use mkv.remux. Of course I want the native picture quality but only one language.

Any idea?

Bluray copy full Disc to HD. Bluray ripper to mkv, select profile 'mkv.h.264.audiocopy' instead of remux. Can also remove HD Audio using this profile if you wish. works well for me.

Comment

audiocopy.....remux lol whats the difference?

Comment

Someone with more advanced DVDFab knowledge might be able to explain the profile differences better than I.
        I know using this profile setting and the H.264 encode codec & settings dropped the size of my Bluray encoded MKV files down to a more manageable 9-11GB. Quality remained acceptable.

remux.xml
        <file format="mkv"/>
        <audio copy="1" multi="1" />
        <video copy="1" />

h264.audiocopy.xml
        <file format="mkv"/>
        <audio copy="1" />
        <video>
        <size list=""/>
        <encode codec="h264" fourcc="H264" bitrate_kbps="1000" maxbitrate_kbps="15000">
        <mode value="real_time" list="real_time, high_quality" />
        <x264 preset="x264_ABR_Fast.preset" />
        </encode>
        </video>
        Last edited by pway; 10-19-2010, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Machine View Post
          audiocopy.....remux lol whats the difference?
          Don't know the technical in depth difference, but here is what I know:

Remux: Basically takes the audio and video from the Bluray and puts it into an MKV without changing it.

Audiocopy: Can reduce things like bitrate and resolution, takes up less space, but also reduces quality.

Comment

Thx it worked fine. Now I know why it didnt go right in first attempt, my GeForce CUDA driver crashed.

Anyway, how do I get these >20GB files into those ~6GB files?

Comment

Working...
            X