Video stuttering with DVD file conversion to iPad/Apple TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Video stuttering with DVD file conversion to iPad/Apple TV

OK, I have been a very happy user of DVDFAB for many years.

I just recently bought "How to Train Your Dragon" DVD.

I tried a dozen times to convert to iPod/iPad/Apple TV format. For the first time ever, I have this "jittering" "stuttering" video playback. At first I thought it was just the movie. But I also have the same problem with "Watchmen" and "Whip It" DVDS.

Strange enough, it is just the iPad/Apple TV conversions of "dragon" dvd that were the problem. I made an iPod conversion, and the video was fine. I have not yet tried to convert the other two movies.

I have never had this problem, I have made many conversions to iPad/Apple TV.

Maybe I need to reinstall the DVDFab program? What logfiles should I send/post that may help troubleshoot this problem. I think i am using vers 8.0 or so. Thanks.

Hi Ace Ion,

Please make sure you have installed DVDFab 8.0.2.4 Beta at

Please open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decode/encoder as software, then convert again to see if you still get the same jittering/stuttering issues.

Kind regards,
    Sunny
    ________
    VAPORITE VAPORIZER TEMP
    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Horray!

So far, so good.

Looks like your advice helped with this one DVD, now will try others.

Thanks.

Comment

Mission Accomplished

Problem solved.

Thank you!

I will be renewing my license in November.

Great software!

DVDFab rocks my socks!

Comment

Hi Ace Ion,

You are so welcome. We are glad that you have solved your problem. Have a nice day! Any questions in future, please feel free to ask.
          ________
          Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Same Problem... stuttering

Hi - I have the same problem.

Running Windows 7 and the latest Beta 8.0.2.9. I have changed the encryption to Software for all the formats and I still get a shaky stuttering play back.

This only seems to happen in the AppleTV settings. Generic is fine but unfortunately that won't play on my ipad, ipod or atv.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by hambroski View Post
              Hi - I have the same problem.

Running Windows 7 and the latest Beta 8.0.2.9. I have changed the encryption to Software for all the formats and I still get a shaky stuttering play back.

This only seems to happen in the AppleTV settings. Generic is fine but unfortunately that won't play on my ipad, ipod or atv.

Thanks,
              I have had the same problem as well. I will try what Sunny suggested to the previous poster, but hoping to revive this thread in case any other solutions existed. The rips I have made seem to have the audio and video syncing correctly, the video however is stuttering. I had been originally using xxxxxx as per other apple users, but I would get massive pixelation. I have been a user of DVDFab for over a year, but it was simply to make back-up copies of my DVD's. I then realized it had a ripper function for the new apple tv. The rips are significantly better than xxxxxx, but now get that stuttering. I am currently running Windows Vista 32bit on an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz processor (4GB of RAM). I am beginning to think that this problem is more of an apple tv hardware bug, but not sure. I had a friend send me a clip that he ripped on xxxxxxxx through a Mac with similar specs as my PC, and it played flawlessly.

Thank you in advance!
              Alex
              Last edited by AGJ; 11-03-2010, 05:51 AM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

I have had the same issue when trying to convert Iron Man 2 to Ipad. I have tried multiple versions of DVDFAB, including the beta ones and I am still seeing stuttering. This includes when I try to view it on the PC. I have altered all the settings to software and it hasn't made a difference. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Hi all,

Could you please update to the latest version DVDFab 8032 at to try again? Thanks for your patience on checking this.
                  ________
                  Honda Cb900F Specifications
                  Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aggmiami View Post
                    I have had the same problem as well. I will try what Sunny suggested to the previous poster, but hoping to revive this thread in case any other solutions existed. The rips I have made seem to have the audio and video syncing correctly, the video however is stuttering. I had been originally using xxxxxx as per other apple users, but I would get massive pixelation. I have been a user of DVDFab for over a year, but it was simply to make back-up copies of my DVD's. I then realized it had a ripper function for the new apple tv. The rips are significantly better than xxxxxx, but now get that stuttering. I am currently running Windows Vista 32bit on an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz processor (4GB of RAM). I am beginning to think that this problem is more of an apple tv hardware bug, but not sure. I had a friend send me a clip that he ripped on xxxxxxxx through a Mac with similar specs as my PC, and it played flawlessly.

Thank you in advance!
                    Alex
                    i think that a powerful software is really helpful to deal with such problem,more important,it's convenient! that's the point.

Comment

DVDfab working great!

My video troubles have gone away with appletv.

Not sure what fixed it, but now i use the latest version and dvdcopy to the hard drive before ripping to appletv.

I thought thats what I had done before, but none-the-less, now it works fine.

Horray DVDfab!

Comment

Stuttering conversion to IPAD

I have updated to the lastest version of DVDFAB (8.0.3.2) and still have significant stuttering when attempting to convert Iron Man 2 to IPAD. I also tried Killers but got the same result. I have tried both single and dual pass with no improvement. All settings are Software as recommended. Any other ideas what the issue could be?

Comment

Originally posted by jammychueng View Post
                          i think that a powerful software is really helpful to deal with such problem,more important,it's convenient! that's the point.

what is the name of the software?

Comment

Originally posted by bflywing View Post
                            what is the name of the software?
                            Not allowed to mention other software that competes with DVDFab on this forum.

Comment

I too have had trouble with DVD Fab 8 giving me non-stop issues with the stuttering video. I tried all the tips in this thread and nothing has worked, so I just went back to version 6 until there is a fix I read about on here. It would be great if it was fixed soon though, seems like a real waste of money.

Comment

Working...
                              X