Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Vocal track almost inaudible

Hi,

I am trying to convert some Blu-Ray movies to WMV, and every time I get the same result.

Picture converts great, backgroud audio/music converts fine, but all the vocal tracks are so low on volume that they cannot be heard unless the volume is turn WAY up, resulting in the music/background track to be too loud.

I am using version 8022, doing a 2-pass conversion at maximum bitrate.

sounds like your audio is outputing in 2.0 stereo.

what are you using to play the file?

Comment

I have the audio format set to 5.1 Multichannel @ 256 kbps, which is the maximum setting. I tried to playback using windows media center, and VLC.

If you think my problem is somehow being cause by some error in the WMA10 audio encoding process in DVDFab BD Ripper, I am willing to try the 15 hours of encoding in another format and see if it has the same issues.

What other format besides WMV can BD Ripper convert to that is natively supported in Windows Media Center without installing any additional codecs?

Comment

what audio system (receiver) are you using? Optical, HDMI?

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
          what audio system (receiver) are you using? Optical, HDMI?
          I initially discovered the problem when trying to play the file on my HTPC, which is connected to a Denon AVR-1610 receiver via an HDMI cable. When it did not play back correctly, I attemped to play back the file on the same system that I did the conversion on. Speakers are connected to 3.5mm jacks on rear of computer.

It played back exactly the same on both machines, with completely different audio setup arrangements... Background sound/music normal volume, voice tracks nearly inaudible.

Comment

I though I might add. I did a test conversion of 1 chapter with the audio set to Pro Logic II, instead of 5.1 multi channel.

The Voice tracks seem to be at the normal volume with this setting, however none of the audio is in sync.

I would much prefer keeping the multi channel sound, which by the way IS in sync, as long as I can get the volume correct on the vocal track.

Comment

Hi rytomi,

Please try DVDFab 8.0.2.4 Beta at

to convert again. Please open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder/encoder as software.
              Then try using "Generic" option, choose "Profile" as "generic.mp4.h264.aac" to see if the mp4 file can play well with your Windows Media Center.

Kind regards,
              Sunny
              ________
              couple Webcams
              Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I have done the steps above. mp4 will play in media center, however an entirely new set of problems is evident with the mp4 conversion.

1. The vocal track audio is at satisfactory volume, however all tracks only come through the front-right speaker on the HTPC, and only the right speaker on conversion PC.

2. The video conversion quality is completely unsatisfactory. While the colors, resolution, and picture quality are all excellent, the video playback is extremely jerky and irratic.

Additionally, the conversion seems to take nearly 50% longer when on software, rather than DXVA.

Comment

Working...
                X