WMV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WMV

Why is there no "to WMV" in the Blu-Ray to Mobile section? This is where I get most of my audio sync problems and would like to give it a shot instead of the XBox 360 profile..

Post moved to a thread of it own because it was a thread highjack. Give this link below a read to know why considered a highjack post

Originally posted by jtrevill View Post
    Why is there no "to WMV" in the Blu-Ray to Mobile section? This is where I get most of my audio sync problems and would like to give it a shot instead of the XBox 360 profile..
    Well are you still using version 7 of DVDFab? Version 8 of DVDFab has WMV as I use that all the time. Update to the latest beta and here link for you http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8688

Edit

Oops just realized it the Xbox 360 I use on Blu-ray Ripper and no WMV available except for Xbox profile

I would like to add that the ony thing different for the WMV setting for DVD Ripper is the zune.wmv as the other settings is the same as the XBox 360 profiles
    Last edited by AGJ; 10-20-2010, 08:21 AM. Reason: added more

Comment

Sorry - no hijack intended, thought it was referring to the same topic of using generic profiles to fix the audio sync problems. (you have to admit there are just as many times when you tell us to keep our similar posts in one topic rather than multiple posts - just trying!)

Anyhow - I didn't think there would be much of a difference between the WMV and the XBox profile, but was just trying based on what the other thread was saying about the generic profiles taking care of their audio sync problems.

You are using the Xbox profile? With Standard Def or BluRay? Are you having any issues? (Specifically with audio sync)

Thanks!

I have downloaded and used the newest version 8.0.2.4 (was looking at the menus when i spoke of DVD to Mobile and Bluray to Mobile.)
      Last edited by jtrevill; 10-20-2010, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I use the XBox 360 profile and use 1 pass for both DVD and Blu-ray and do not get any sync issues with DVDFab 8.

As for keeping similar posts in one topic that more for same movie release. For back up issues best to start a new thread as everyones computer is different

Comment

No problem - understand.

I still am having sync problems with the XBox profile. Had to work late tonight and early again tomorrow morning, so I'll post some details after that to see if you have any suggestions...

Thanks!

- I am glad to see you aren't having problems - gives me hope!

Comment

Okay, I've not been doing any converting recently, as I've been unable to get the audio sync problems resolved. I see that you are not having any sync issues, so heres my information. Hopefully someone has an idea.

Movies are always ripped to Hard Drive first and then converted from there. I've been having issues with both Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVDs. I've even had issues with redoing a movie that I was able to successfully convert some time ago!

Hardware -
            Intel i7 3.2 Ghz Processor
            6 Gb RAM
            1 TB HDD
            Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
            ATI Radeon HD 4800 1 Gb Video Card
            All Drivers and updates current

Haven't found a title that works as of yet. Currently trying to convert "Cars" blu-ray. Using the Blu-Ray Ripper XBox 360 profile.

Not sure if I did it right, but MediaInfo provided the following:
            SOURCE FILE TYPE: BDAV
            SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: AVC
            SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:1920x1080
            SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:PCM (says there is also AC3 - I've tried both)
            DVDFab VERSION:8.0.2.4 (about to upgrade to newest beta)
            DVDFab PROFILE: xbox360.wmv.wma10
            OUTPUT RESOLUTION:Same as source
            OUTPUT CROP:Auto
            OUTPUT BITRATEefault setting provided by DVDFab of 7383
            OUTPUT PASSES:1-pass (2 pass has always given me pixilation)

Logs are attached - however, I don't get any error messages.
            AV Codec all set to software...

Only other software installed is xxxx and xxxxx - however, they haven't been running when i've had these problems.

Going to try a complete uninstall and reinstall of the newest Beta right now. But I've done this as well with the other versions in the past.

Any suggestions?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by AGJ; 10-23-2010, 06:57 AM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

Not sure what to say as to what the problem is as I have not had this problem with V8 yet. I will be doing some testing next week and will add the WMV and Xbox 360 profiles into those tests.

All I can say for now is to give the latest Beta release a try http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8912 and if you can list some of the DVD/Blu-rays that you have the problem with as well the region/country they are from.

One thing you can try is to use Task Manager and end all processes that are running before you start DVDFab to convert

Comment

Did a reinstall tonight with the newest beta that was just released today. Redoing Cars as we speak. Won't be done for a little while - I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Comment

Well - a complete uninstall (including deleting all references in the registry to DVDFab) and reinstall of the newest beta version still gets the same results. I just double checked the ripped content to ensure that it is in sync (Using VLC Player) and it plays perfectly.

Not even sure where to start. But a product that costs this much shouldn't be this difficult!

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                  X