Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Bd-iso

Hi,

Can someone please explain what a BD-ISO is, and can DVDFab create them?

I'm looking a various media streamers, and some say they play these, but am wondering what it means. Currently I'm using the BD passthrough option to rip my BDs (only the main title). Are they pretty much equivalent? Does the ISO contain everything, including other audio streams, etc., and would be much bigger?

Thanks,
    Dan

Originally posted by sieroka View Post
    Hi,

Can someone please explain what a BD-ISO is, and can DVDFab create them?
    Dan, ISO is an image file. In other words, it's a "picture" of your disc. Program that reads it (or drive emulator) 'envision" it as a picture and interpret it into a "real" disc. I hope it make sense...
    And yes, DVDFab can read ISO and produce ISO. That's what little blue disc icon immediately on right from source and output dropdowns means.

I'm looking a various media streamers, and some say they play these, but am wondering what it means.
    It means exactly that. Some mediaplayers can read ISOs, and some of them don't. Of course, if mediaplayer of your choice can play ISO, it's an advantage. You may or may not use ISO format, but you always have an option...

Currently I'm using the BD passthrough option to rip my BDs (only the main title). Are they pretty much equivalent? Does the ISO contain everything, including other audio streams, etc., and would be much bigger?
    Dan, ISO is only a format. It will contain everything that you will tell it to contain or DVDFab will allow to contain. If you make (extract) main movie out of BD with one audio stream and one subtitles stream with BD9 or BD 25 output in ISO format, you will get an ISO containing main movie with selected streams compressed to BD9 or BD25 size.

Dan, if you still have questions feel free to ask here...
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
    X