Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Problem since first rip, i'm stumped!

Hi everyone. I am currently testing solutions to backup my kids blurays because I've already lost countless hundreds of dollars and my wise idea is to back future disks up and stream them from my PC to my PS3 thus my kids just have to scroll down and pick their shows they want to watch.

My neighbour has DVDFab but he no longer uses it anymore cuz he uses some online crap to watch movies now. So I bought it off him but his CD is crap and took me forever to install it so I'll have to buy this if I really want it and if it works. I am hoping someone will help me here.

I've tried other solutions and so far the DVDFab thing is promising for me. I got it to work "once" but it put subtitles on it, heck, didn't even know kids shows had subtitles. I finally found out instead of subtitles it is subpicture I had to turn off. Well I did that through the main options and ever since I did that I seem to have broken DVDfab in such a way that I can watch the movies on my PC but yet streaming them to my PS3 doesn't work. Instead it shows like a gray box instead of a thumbnail for the movie on the ps3. I still see the original rip I made with proper thumbnail and it works. I re-enabled the option and then realized in the ripper main screen there was actually a box to select to turn off subpicture, doh, so I did it that way and yet I still get this gray box instead of a thumbnail and the movie doesn't play on PS3 anymore, instead it's a black screen with no error.

So I don't know what I did? There seems to be no reset option like I had in other programs I was using so maybe I accidentally hit something else to cause this disaster. I don't know but I would appreciate any help. So far I like how DVDfab looks and works and like I said, since that first "lucky?" rip of the same bluray I have hope this could work. Just so you know, I've spent upwards of $200 by this point trying other solutions because there was no demo's to try them out. I tried a program i got off a torrent link and infected my pc with a trojan so I haven't touched that crap again. No, no, I don't have that trojan anymore, that was a while back. LOL!

I'd never figured my neighbour had this (never heard of it really, at least working for blurays) I just came out one day when I was telling him my latest incident with my kids killing another blurray and he mentioned he has this program he doesn't use anymore. I am pretty savvy when it comes to pc's.,. I've give you details of my setup

I am hardwired to my ps3 through a gigabit router.. no perf issues if you know what i mean. I watch most of my dvd collection on my pc and now my ps3. Because it's cooler on ps3 and my big screen! I used Nero mostly for that stuff and then head to pay into that anydvd crap for nearly 2 years.. Unggh.

I am using ps3 media server (latest and greatest) and also media player on Win 7 64bit... I use the MS streaming sort of as a backup measure. It's always running as opposed to ps3 media server. the same rip doesn't work on that either, just blank screen. But first rip attempt with subtitles does work..

I have used and own nero recode but it doesn't work with bluray or my license is not good enough for it. I really don't like it, especially now I used your program.

I have used anydvd and it cost me a mint and i am sick of update update update, my version doesn't support bluray either and I'm not paying into that anymore.

my pc has 8gig of ram, a gtx260 vid card with 768mb and my pc is a quad core... i am runnnig a codec pack specifically for windows 64bit with 32bit codecs as well

i scanned with ms security essentials, super antispyware, spybot etc.. i'm clean as clean can be and used cccleaner to ensure registry and no crap files lying around.

I believe my version of dvdfab after updating is latest. 8.0.2.2 I think. I am using also the latest beta of passkey.

If you can get this working for me, you got another customer for sure. I cannot keep this copy I have as now that we talked about what I am doing to my ps3, naturally the bells went off in his head and he wants it back. NP, the cd is scratched to hell anyhow. I rather a fresh copy.

sorry for long post.. I'm hoping I can actually get this working before end of tonight.

The DVDFab license is not transferable so I would ask your friend for your money back and buy a license of your own from DVDFab.com http://www.dvdfab.com/index.htm

Comment

Working...
    X