7 crashes 8 just fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 7 crashes 8 just fails

I recently got a new computer after my old one failed. I have tried the latest v8 release to rip an ep of Babylon 5. My preferred profile is the mkv.aac that is default to mkv. I had this problem on my old computer with v8, but that was a few releases ago, and I had hoped it was fixed. When I rip with that mkv setting, none of the 3 players on my computer can play it.

Out of annoyance really, I tried it again with mp4.aac profile, and while I got a playable file, it does this horrible streaky thing by moving edges, especially around lights during play back in all three players.

On my old computer, I just reverted to 707, which was the best decision I ever made for that computer. However, my new one is running win7/64 not vista so I CAN'T even do that because it crashes at the beginning of the first task no matter what profile is selected!

in common settings change the A/V Codec to software for all choices. Also for the Conversion settings if you are using 2 pass change it to 1 pass

Comment

Changes were made, and rips attempted again...

mkv file still comes out unplayable, and mp4s are still unwatchable...everytime an object changes position, there is streaking effect.

Nothing from V8 has worked. If I could use a V7 build with this OS, I would and say to hell with anything later.

Comment

could you post the internal and process logs as they would help the devs with seeing what is wrong. Also the exact settings you are using for the profile you selected

Comment

Log attached. The profiles I was using were the generic.mkv.h264.aac and generic.mp4.h264.aac profiles that show up without making any changes. The only change I made in settings was to put codecs to software as suggested.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sacri,

Please try DVDFab 8.0.3.0 Beta at

to convert again. This new beta has fixed some issues in previous versions.
            ________
            Homemade Lightbulb Vaporizers
            Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

No change in end result with the beta.

Comment

Working...
              X