8.0.3.1 Blu-Ray Ripper to PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 8.0.3.1 Blu-Ray Ripper to PS3

I want to start by thanking you for making such a cool and very effective program. I'm currently using the latest beta. With Windows 7 x64, with the latest updates offered from Windows Update from Microsoft. I am also using the CoreAVC codec. My system isn't top of the line at the moment, but I am working on upgrading it a bit eventually.

My issue, isn't much of a problem as it is a request information about the best settings for setting up ripping Blu-Ray for the PS3.

I would prefer to keep my Blu-Ray collection out of the hands of small children, since there are no commercially avaliable resurfacing product to restore damaged/scratched Blu-Ray discs. I own a 60GB PS3 as my gaming system, as well as media player.

I would like to find out the best settings for ripping Blu-Ray movies for the PS3, that will fit on being burned onto a recordable DVD +R/-R disc, while maintaining 5.1 surround sound, and overall good video quality for my 42" 720p/1080i plasma TV.

I appreciate suggestions as to the best way to set the program for doing so. Also, it should be noted that some of my Blu-Ray contain HD AC3 audio, and others contain HD DTS audio. I don't mind to go to standard AC3 to save space, so long as audio channels are detected and played correctly.

If you are looking to play from a DVD disc then you will want to use Blu-Ray Copy, not ripper. Try main movie only and select BD5 or BD9 as the output size. This can be written to a DVDR and then played on the PS3 as if it was a BD. You get to use the cheap replaceable DVD discs but still use the much better video codecs and higher resolutions.

Comment

Working...
    X