Juddering AVI files using BD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Juddering AVI files using BD Ripper

I have problems with the BD Ripper using DVDFab 7.0.9.3 and even with the latest DVDFab 8.0.3.2!

Before I convert a BD, I first copy it to my local HDD (Full Disc Copy).

Then I use BD Ripper to AVI (h264.audiocopy) with a Bitrate of 10240kbps and 1920x1080 as the Resolution (Frame Rate is set as original).

Every BD converted to AVI (Body Of Lies, Braveheart, The Jackal, etc...) is juddering, as like there are frame drops. I also tried 1-pass & 2-pass encoding without any luck.

The BDs are Region Code B (UK), PAL

When I watch all the Full Disc Copies for example with Nero Showtime or PowerDVD untouched, there are no problems!

When I convert the BDs to a MKV-Container using BD Ripper with a Bitrate of 10240kbps and audio pass-through, everything is OK, no problems at all.

I think, that there problems converting BDs to AVI with BD Ripper.
    ---
    My Computer Configuration:

Core2Quad Q9550, 4GB RAM, Intel SSD & Hitachi 2TB HDD, Windows XP Professional (32-bit), ATI Radeon HD4670 with 1GB Video RAM

Originally posted by pr_dvdfab View Post
    I have problems with the BD Ripper using DVDFab 7.0.9.3 and even with the latest DVDFab 8.0.3.2!

Before I convert a BD, I first copy it to my local HDD (Full Disc Copy).

Then I use BD Ripper to AVI (h264.audiocopy) with a Bitrate of 10240kbps and 1920x1080 as the Resolution (Frame Rate is set as original).

Every BD converted to AVI (Body Of Lies, Braveheart, The Jackal, etc...) is juddering, as like there are frame drops. I also tried 1-pass & 2-pass encoding without any luck.

The BDs are Region Code B (UK), PAL

When I watch all the Full Disc Copies for example with Nero Showtime or PowerDVD untouched, there are no problems!

When I convert the BDs to a MKV-Container using BD Ripper with a Bitrate of 10240kbps and audio pass-through, everything is OK, no problems at all.

I think, that there problems converting BDs to AVI with BD Ripper.
    ---
    My Computer Configuration:

Core2Quad Q9550, 4GB RAM, Intel SSD & Hitachi 2TB HDD, Windows XP Professional (32-bit), ATI Radeon HD4670 with 1GB Video RAM
    Hi pr_dvdfab,

For your problem, please click the round green icon button with a check mark at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen,
    and open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder as software and set video encoder as software, then convert again to see the result.

Best regards,
    Anny
    DVDFab Support Team

Comment

Thanks for your advice Anny :-). This weekend I'm on a short vacation - but I will give it a try on late Monday or Tuesday and let you know about the results. Till then, you have a nice weekend.

Comment

BD Ripper-Avi

Hi pr_dvdfab,

You are welcome. Have a great vacation!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

You can also send your email to anny@dvdfab.com to contact me.

Best regards,
        Anny
        DVDFab Support Team

Comment

Hi Anny!
          Today I've set all suggested settings to Software - but the final AVI is still juddering :-(. Watching the original BD-Folder is no problem (via opening the disc with PowerDVD or Nero Showtime).

Any ideas? Maybe a BUG or something compareable? The Juddering only appears creating AVIs. Creating MKV is no problem.

Comment

Hi pr_dvdfab,

Please try changing Bitrate and resolution, set decode method as 1-pass, convert avi.h264.audiocopy format file again, and which player software did you use to play the avi file?

Could you please try VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) or MPC-HC (http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/) to play the output avi files to see the result?
            ________
            HERBAL VAPORIZER BLENDS
            Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Problem solved - no more juddering with MPC-HC. In PowerDVD & Nero Showtime the AVI keeps juddering.

Thanks for all your quick replies :-)

Comment

Working...
              X