Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper How to rip DVD to MKV as it is on the source

Hi All
    I confess I am running out of patience with DVD Ripper , all I want to do is rip a dvd to mkv , so that the result is EXACTLY as it was on the original. Same dimensions , same aspect ratio, "same" quality at most all I want to be have to think about is the bit rate.
    How to I get DVDFab to get out of the way and stop making assumptions about what dimensions I should use , what aspect ratio , cropping etc etc etc. If I want all that then I'll happily waste even more hours than I already have on this , but for now just give me the source exactly as it is.

Originally posted by risky View Post
    Hi All
    I confess I am running out of patience with DVD Ripper , all I want to do is rip a dvd to mkv , so that the result is EXACTLY as it was on the original. Same dimensions , same aspect ratio, "same" quality at most all I want to be have to think about is the bit rate.
    How to I get DVDFab to get out of the way and stop making assumptions about what dimensions I should use , what aspect ratio , cropping etc etc etc. If I want all that then I'll happily waste even more hours than I already have on this , but for now just give me the source exactly as it is.
    Try to use "remux" profile. It will "passthrough" re-pack from DVD to MKV container.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I had my hopes up with this suggestion, but in the end disappointment .
      The iso in question has an aspect ratio of 16:9 (1.7777), with a frame resolution of 720x576 (1.25) PAL i.e. a plain ordinary wide-screen movie as sold in practically ever shop in the country.
      This apparently 4:3 ratio looks 16:9 on the screen because PAL has a non square pixel aspect ratio where the the pixels are slightly wider than they are high which makes up the difference and allows the wide-screen movie to be viewed correctly on a wide-screen PAL TV.
      DVDFab , knows the aspect ratio is 16:9 ( it says so on the main screen of DVDRipper ) , and in the conversion setting screen it recognises the disk is at 720x576 frame resolution, but when it rips it does not seem to take any account of the characteristics of PAL so you end with a 4:3 ratio rip. Fine in the vertical axis and truncated along the horizontal.
      I can't be the only one who just wants to be able to rip a movie and see the same thing i.e. enjoy the benefit of format conversion ( portability and compression ) but otherwise with the same aspect ratio and display dimensions as the original.

Comment

Working...
      X