Audio Sync Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio Sync Questions

I've had audio sync issues for a looong time now. Tonight, I tried the newest version, and again still have audio sync issues. I'm currently using the Xbox 360 profile.

Tonight, however, I tried playing the completed file with VLC player, and the same file that is out of sync with Windows Media Player works fine with VLC!

Why is this? I'd rather it work in both and not just one, but what can I start doing to troubleshoot windows media player (as it seems to be the problem with audio sync)

Thanks!

Same here (sometimes)...

I've seen this before as well. The audio is out of sync when played with Windows Media Player but seems to work on VLC. There are some where VLC fails to play the video at all though--so it hasn't always worked for me. Unfortunately, it's more important for me to work on WMP since it seems to be how the Xbox 360s also playback. Would love to understand this more though and get it fixed finally.

The version of DVDFab that I still end up using is 6.2.2.0 as it's the last on that always worked. Something changed right after that version that caused the audio sync problems on WMP/Xbox to happen pretty much on all rips I've tried. Unfortunately, 6.2.2.0 is a bit old now and fails to rip most newer DVDs.

Comment

As a workaround have both versions of Fab installed. (This can be done with no special tricks)

Copy the disks with the newest version.
      Process the conversion with the older version.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks GregiBoy. I've actually done that a few times; mostly with success but not 100%.

That said, I just tried 8.0.5.5 and also downloaded the latest VLC and things worked perfectly. I also tried WMP and it worked on some and was out of sync on others but when I played the same rips via the Xbox, the audio was in sync. That's a lot better than the state I was in before.

Comment

Working...
        X