Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.3.2 rip issues

Following on from this thread:

I'm now at 8.0.3.2 experiencing the same issues. If I use generic.default profile on either one or two pass then the rip slows to 5fps making it unusable or crashes (error log below). If I use another std profile then it will only work on one pass but runs slow (70 fps). Two pass exhibits the same slow down. The other fixed profiles work but are slow.

Going back to 7.0.9.3 then all is good at 200fps or so.

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 26.29s: create config(0)
    1m 26.29s: convert profile(mp4.default)
    1m 26.29s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->21)
    1m 26.29s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
    1m 27.34s: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(30) bitrate(2500)
    2m 10.18s: ------ cancel all mobile work -------
    2m 22.07s: detected dvd
    2m 22.07s: iso C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\DVDFab\ISO\CLUTCH_POWERS. iso
    2m 22.07s: dvd type 1
    2m 22.08s: volume label CLUTCH_POWERS
    2m 23.44s: got copyright 0 0
    2m 23.44s: got udf/iso
    2m 23.45s: got discinfo
    2m 23.45s: pathplayer enabled
    2m 23.48s: got dvdinfo
    2m 33.64s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

2m 33.66s: create config(0)
    2m 33.66s: convert profile(generic.default)
    2m 33.66s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->21)
    2m 33.66s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
    2m 36.76s: error: h264 encode macroblocks per second(28125) exceed the standard(11880), video size(720x400, 25), specify profile(0)-level(13)

The above error is seen in every log for the generic.default profile. But above it I used the mp4.default which seemed to work but is slow.

Error log: 11:05:33: Task_1 failed! Error=700

This is from a crash which occurred just after the above error at 2m 36.76s.

I see that there are numerous similar threads and very little feedback from the developers. Having paid for a lifetime licence I'm feeling a bit like a beta tester here. Is there going to be a better acknowledgement of this problem? Does anyone want more help to test it?

The developers are not able to spend all day and night on the forum as they are working hard at fixing the problems one at a time. If they where on the forum responding to all the members all the time then they would have no time to fix the problems don't you think. They do read the threads/posts and do their own testing but only respond when they have the time

Try what was mentioned for post #20 in the link below as that may help you with your issue but I'm not sure as I very rarely use the Mobile features except when I need to convert a few movies to PSP

Comment

That actually works. On w7 You need to delete the profile in the user/appdata/locallow/dvdfab/profiles folder. You then need to set it back up, then restart dvdfab to get generic.default back. But on a quick test performance is still not on a par with v7. I'll run some tests and report back properly.

I know developers are busy etc, but this issue was running since the launch of v8 and this fix was posted at 9.30am today by a user. It strikes me a FAQ is called for, I shouldn't have to trawl forums. If this was a 20 dollar piece of software then my expectations would be lower but it's not a cheap package.

Comment

I respectfully disagree.

The developers should be on here 24/7 so that they actually see the impact of releasing software too early with insufficient testing procedures and quality assurance.

I would have them tied to their desks with toothpicks holding their eyes open!!!

Also, I will bet my bottom dollar that the supposed devs from Fab answering the questions are not the actual developers otherwise the stock phrase "Please upgrade to....." would not be used as much.

Just my 2c worth !!!

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        The developers are not able to spend all day and night on the forum as they are working hard at fixing the problems one at a time. If they where on the forum responding to all the members all the time then they would have no time to fix the problems don't you think. They do read the threads/posts and do their own testing but only respond when they have the time

Try what was mentioned for post #20 in the link below as that may help you with your issue but I'm not sure as I very rarely use the Mobile features except when I need to convert a few movies to PSP

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...0823#post60823
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Jubal View Post
          this fix was posted at 9.30am today by a user.
          Actually this fix has been posted in a couple threads before but just got lost from all the new threads created. Also been mentioned to a member who actually refused to try it.

Now I not deny that DVDFab8 needs a lot of work compared to DVDFab7 but I think it a give and take. As for cost a very popular competitor charges 51 EUR for Lifetime of their Mobile program and that does not even come with a decryptor to remove copy protection and DVDFab charges 75 EUR for their Ripper lifetime and it removes the Copy Protection

The competitor has the same problems as DVDFab and a few more issues and the quality to me is no where near DVDFab quality.

Anyway let us know how it works out now that it up and running for you now. Also if you posted latest Internal and process logs after your try with it working maybe someone could suggest a few changes for settings that could help more

Comment

Originally posted by Jubal View Post
            That actually works. On w7 You need to delete the profile in the user/appdata/locallow/dvdfab/profiles folder. You then need to set it back up, then restart dvdfab to get generic.default back. But on a quick test performance is still not on a par with v7. I'll run some tests and report back properly.

I know developers are busy etc, but this issue was running since the launch of v8 and this fix was posted at 9.30am today by a user. It strikes me a FAQ is called for, I shouldn't have to trawl forums. If this was a 20 dollar piece of software then my expectations would be lower but it's not a cheap package.
            So I have the same problem and went to look for the profiles folder to try the fix. I don't have a user/appdata/locallow/dvdfab/profiles folder.

I have:
            C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\Profiles
            C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\Profiles2
            and
            C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab with V5 - V8 subdirectories.

Where else to look?

Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by tsutton View Post
              So I have the same problem and went to look for the profiles folder to try the fix. I don't have a user/appdata/locallow/dvdfab/profiles folder.

I have:
              C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\Profiles
              C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\Profiles2
              and
              C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab with V5 - V8 subdirectories.

Where else to look?

Thx.
              Yeah, sorry I was working from memory. It is somewhere under the roaming folder. In a subfolder called profiles.

In response to AGJ then you cannot mitigate for numpties who won't help themselves. I'll be happy to do some tests and post back to the thread.

Comment

In response to the PMs. The folder I deleted the profiles from was:

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\profiles

I then started dvdfab, recreated the profile, set as default, closed and restarted dvdfab. The generic.default profile was then available again. Other problems I can't help with.

Comment

So, 8.0.4.0 works but is slow and makes jerky video. Not ideal. Have started a new thread to try and get some help.

Comment

Working...
                  X