Got to 100 % and kept going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Got to 100 % and kept going

I am having the same problem. All my DVD's were ripped to the hard drive and stripped of the copy protection.

I wanted to convert them to XviD or h264 to put on my external drive for the Wii. Most worked fine, but about 1 in 10 would do an endless convert. (It would show 100% with 00:00 time left but just keep converting until I manually stopped it.) If left to go overnight, the output file could grow to as much as 50 GB. Some were actually playable. What I would see is the entire movie and some would just keep replaying the last 5 minutes endlessly. DVDFab converted the movie and then kept converting the last 5 minutes in a continuous loop until I canceled it.

Sometimes it would start the movie all over and convert it again, endlessly until I manually canceled it.

I tried 8.0.0.5, 8.0.1.5, 8.0.2.2. They all did the same thing. I was using single pass on all of them, so the number of passes did not seem to matter. I set software only, instead of software + CUDA. This did not help. I tried on 5 different computers all with very different hardware. This did not help. Obviously not a conflicting hardware problem.

I posted the logs in another thread. Did not get a response. I did see another post about unchecking Turbo CPU. I am trying this right now and will post the results.

Mug

Hi mugarolla
    Please make sure that you are using the latest version you will find it here
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

No luck unchecking Turbo CPU. Got to 100 % and kept going until I canceled it.

log

DVDFab 8.0.2.2 (2010/10/31 09:58:26)

0m 04.34s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 8.0.2.2 (2010/10/31 09:59:40)

0m 00.54s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 39.54s: pathplayer enabled
      2m 50.29s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

2m 50.31s: create config(0)
      2m 50.31s: convert profile(avi.default)
      2m 50.31s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->25)
      2m 50.31s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,0)
      148m 42.68s: ------ cancel all mobile work -------

I will try 8.0.3.2, the latest and let you know the results.

Mug

Comment

Sorry it took awhile. Was gone on business for a little bit.

Tried the latest and greatest 8.0.3.2.

Still having the exact same problems that have not been addressed yet except to "upgrade to the latest."

DVDFab never finishes. 8.0.3.2 just converted Jumper to a 70GB avi file. Yes, I said 70GB and still going until I got home and canceled the conversion.

I am not the only one having this problem since I did not start this thread.

Mug

Comment

Originally posted by mugarolla View Post
          I am not the only one having this problem since I did not start this thread.

Mug
          No your issue is different than the OP and not the same so moving your posts and relevant replies to thread of your own

Comment

Working...
          X