8.0.4.0 MP4 jerky video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.4.0 MP4 jerky video

Been running some tests. Ripping to mp4/aac from iso on HD using two pass I am getting jerky video. I use 2500Mbps bit rate. What I'm trying to achieve is a fairly decent quality for xbox 360 and PC playback via streaming. Anyone have any tips?

Originally posted by Jubal View Post
    Been running some tests. Ripping to mp4/aac from iso on HD using two pass I am getting jerky video. I use 2500Mbps bit rate. What I'm trying to achieve is a fairly decent quality for xbox 360 and PC playback via streaming. Anyone have any tips?
    Hi Jubal,

1) Please click the round green icon button with a check mark at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder as software and set video encoder as software, then convert again to see the result.

2) Please try using another video player (such as VLC Media Player or PowerDVD) to play your converted MP4 files and see the result.

Best regards,
    Anny
    DVDFab Support Team

Comment

1. I am encoding with software only.
      2. The issue is primarily with xbox playback so I have no choice of player. I haven't tested VLC but WMP plays with jerks, Quicktime is unplayable.

Same dvd encoded with v7 of dvdfab is fine.

Any other thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubal View Post
        1. I am encoding with software only.
        2. The issue is primarily with xbox playback so I have no choice of player. I haven't tested VLC but WMP plays with jerks, Quicktime is unplayable.

Same dvd encoded with v7 of dvdfab is fine.

Any other thoughts?
        Hi Jubal,

1) Please upgrade to the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.5.0 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm to convert again and see the result.

2) Have you tried "1-pass" to convert? If not, please take a shot at "1-pass" to convert.

Best regards,
        Anny
        DVDFab Support Team

Comment

Jerky Picture

Anny,

Don't sound like you are getting this. Have tried all those fixes and nothing works. Tried multiple windows platforms XP, Vista, 7... mult formats (MP4, Apple TV). 1pass, 2pass. Version 8 is giving jerky unwatchable pictures in mult formats as seen in all the post on this forum with "jerky video". Updated to the latest beta version... same problem. I can convert the same disc in version 7, however, and its fine. I converted 8 discs in version 7 that wouldn't convert in version 8. What was changed in version 8 that could cause this?
          Last edited by BobbCobb; 11-21-2010, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Help Us Help You
            by
            signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
            The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
            If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
            Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
            Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
            If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
            If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
            SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
            SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
            SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
            DVDFab VERSION:
            DVDFab PROFILE:
            OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
            OUTPUT CROP:
            OUTPUT BITRATE:
            OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
            SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
            SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
            SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
            SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
            DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
            DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
            OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
            OUTPUT CROP: Auto
            OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
            OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

Working...
            X