X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Audio converting FLV

Hi!

I'm trying to convert FLV files to the iPod mp4 Format using DVDFab 6.1.2.5.
    The conversion goes fine but the resulting file does not have any audio, regardless of the target format. I tested different FLVs and different formats (wmv, avi) without any success.

Edit: It is not a player issue, since other FLV converters produce audio converting the same source files. I also tried different players without success.

Best regards,

...joan
    Last edited by joan; 11-01-2009, 02:02 PM.

Well, the problem is bigger than thought. It's not only FLVs, its ALL Files. The FileToMobile option simply produces no sound output whatsoever. I tried different settings without any success. Current version of DVDFab is 6.2.0.5

Source for example is a donwloaded youtube (mp4) file, which plays back with audio in quicktime, vlc and in the preview of DVDFab. I used profile "Handy" or "MP4", sound is fixed to AAC with 64kbps, stereo. The resulting file will play with video only in any player. No audio in any case.

Interesting side effect: DVDFab won't accept the file it produced. If i try to select the resulting file for conversion (to check audion in the preview), DVDFab shortly diplays the "Reading file..." prompt, but the file won't show up in the list.

All other modules - DVD to mobile / DVD to DVD are working great, so what might be the problem with File to mobile?

I'm adding the source files audio information here, maybe it sheds some light on the problem:

Info for File [C:\Downloads\temp\video.mp4] (DVDFab 6.2.0.5)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format version : Version 4
    Format profile : LC
    Format settings, SBR : No
    Codec ID : 40
    Duration : 3mn 14s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 115 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 132 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    Stream size : 2.67 MiB (35%)
    Last edited by joan; 11-13-2009, 06:14 AM. Reason: Added audio file info

Comment

Unfortunately this has been broken for a number of builds now. I mentioned it back when. And was even confirmed, but nothing has still been fixed on this. I brought it up again in the most recent beta, and no responses. I would say it's a pretty big ticket to want to fix for us too. I haven't personally converted much lately other then YouTube video's, but it's sad i paid for software, and have had to pay for other software JUST to continue using this function since my software doesn't work. Little upset honestly about it. I use You Tube video's a lot.
      SVN :

Comment

So what use is FileToMobil anyway if it won't produce any audio whatsoever? I am really angry that i obviousely spent my money on an unusable product which doesn't work as advertised. And i'm even more angry that DVDFab doesn't waste a word on this. At least i'd anticipate something like "Yes there is a problem, we're trying to fix it in the next release".

Comment

I sent ting a pm so he may check this for you, sorry for your problem.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

No Audio

Originally posted by joan View Post
              Hi!

I'm trying to convert FLV files to the iPod mp4 Format using DVDFab 6.1.2.5.
              The conversion goes fine but the resulting file does not have any audio, regardless of the target format. I tested different FLVs and different formats (wmv, avi) without any success.

...joan
              Hi, I also been to be afflicted with this bug. I am doing mp4 to mp4 (lower res). Any news on when this will be fixed?

Tony

Comment

Hopefully, i agree with Joan, it does get irritating that you spend money for a program that is broken and useless. It's been broken for some time now (a number of versions ago), and also has been mentioned more then a few times, and confirmed even. I love this software, which is why i bought it, since the support is great, and fast with updates, but to me having software that converts, giving no audio in conversions, is a MAJOR breakage, making it useless.
                SVN :

Comment

Any word back from ting when this will be fixed? I was still using 6.0.7.0 but it would not rip the new Star Trek movie, so I installed 6.2.0.5 and now have no audio with my rips.

Comment

I understand that the developers are currently developing a whole new encoding engine for mobile conversions to hopefully address this bug and others.

We have no word on the timeframe yet.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                    X