Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet connection required to access this bluray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Internet connection required to access this bluray?

I just had the unique experience of finding out that the bluray ripper software would not rip a bluray without a connection to DVD Fabs website. Coincidentally, DVDfab.com was down. Am I understanding this correctly? Does this software require an internet connection to run?! If so this is extremely disappointing. I hope they create a fix for this problem.

Hi, boc,

1. In order to remove the protections, DVDFab "Blu-ray to Copy" need connect internet to decode AACS and BD+ copy protections. As the reasons, please refer to http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=5175 for the detailled explanation.

2. Please open "Conversion settings" window, click on "General", then, click on "Network" to change the internet access to "Direct connection to the internet" to make your DBDFab internet accessible.

If you want to use proxy address, please set "Manual proxy configuration" in "Network" setting window.

By the way, dvdfab.com is not down, try again to see.

Sincerely Yours
    Malcolm Wang

Comment

That doesn't explain why

Why do I still need the internet connection? Once I've copied it 1-1 to my hard drive then want to burn to a DL disc at that point it again prompts for the internet. Now something that used to take an hour or less to do takes seven or more all the while my drive stays on. I've updated my CPU and memory along with a CUDA capable card to avoid just that, this is not progress

Comment

Hi Tybarius
        You could use ImgBurn as a burning tool to burn these to disc once copied to your Hdd without having to connect to the internet.
        ImgBurn can be found here http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn/
        Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

The Internet Connection is used to check that yor software is validly registered and has nothing to do with the burning process.

This is how V9 works.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X