rencoding bitrate varies so much?why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rencoding bitrate varies so much?why?

Hello.I have been using the paid version for awhile now,and i seem to have consistant inconsistancy regarding rencoding of movies.For example,i recently backed up 2 movies consecutivly.The first one rated me a rencoding speed of 33 mb/s.The very next movie produced an agonizing slow 4 mb/s.

The factor i am seeing come into play seems to be whether DXVA gpu acceleration is used or not.The program seems to decide on its own if it is going to use my quad core amd cpu or gpu acceleration.In my case,having an ati radeon 5850 video card.The poor result is gpu acceleration.

I have noticed this program seems optimized for nvidia cuda,but hey,i have what i have.Can you tell me what setting can be used to command cpu use only w/h.264?.I hope i am making some sense here because i need this sorted out.Thanks-

In common settings of DVDFab you need to change the A/V Codec settings to Software only to get better results

Comment

Thanks for a quick response.I was toying with those settings for hoped improvement.Perhaps something else is going on,but even analysis of disc is dead slow.

I should also apologize for grouping my isseus all into one egg.Perhaps that is not the case.I am using blu-ray copy trial and also have dvd copy lifetime.I noticed this deviation of bitrate in both segments.

At this time,i am attempting to backup Red Cliff parts 1&2 and even while in software modes,the result is a dismal 4mb/s and over 5 minutes just to analyze the disc at 1080p..I have even tried assigning affinity and high priority to the program to no avail.

Comment

try resetting DMA to see if that helps

Comment

Working...
        X