No announcement yet.

Have a enlarger AI profile to do deinterlacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request for Enlarger AI Have a enlarger AI profile to do deinterlacing

I frequently have to deinterlace 90s tv content.
    It is always a trade-off between temporal resolution and vertical resolution.
    Detelecining is a no go since the content is composed of 30i and 24p(with 3:2pulldown) footage to create a 30i end result. Best example in the Sliders intro where the actor footage is 24p and the lettering is 30i.
    I personally prefer to preserve the temporal resolution with bob (or better) algos to get a progressive 60Hz content.
    AI could be used to recreate the missing lines. There is a lot of potential ground to win here.

hi spaceharfang,

Are your recommand about make deinterlace video to progressive by AI doing deinterlacing and add frames between make fps to 60fps,
    to get a fluent video ?
    AI frame rate up conversion ?

yours,
    Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm not talking motion interpolation in the strict sense where you add a full frame between two existing full frame to create a higher framerate video that has smooth motion.

The 30i video already has 60 images per second, as each field is an independent image. The problem is that each of those images is half resolution being composed of either odd lines or even lines.

I'm talking of preserving the independence of those original images and fill the missing lines to bring them to full resolution, therefore creating a 60p video.

If the image has the odd field, add the missing even field for example. How the missing even field is figured out is part motion interpolation between the previous even field and the next even field that surround it. It is also part asymmetric resolution upscaling, as only the vertical resolution need upscaling (ex: 640:240 -> 640:480).

Comment

hi spaceharfang,

Thanks for the explain.
        I understand your need. I will let the AI developer check if this is possibile algorithm.

yours,
        Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X