No announcement yet.

Mobile GPU support for GTX 1060?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request for Enlarger AI Mobile GPU support for GTX 1060?

My Clevo gaming laptop isn't the best anymore. The CPU certainly isn't enough for this program but it does have a GTX 1060 mobile video card. Perhaps it's the mobile that is throwing off the program but it will not let me run a video through it do to lack of compatible hardware. Is there any way to change it to see my video card as compatible or is it truly lacking the feature that the full sized card has that the program needs to run on it?
    GPU specs can be viewed here:
    NVIDIA GP106, 1671 MHz, 1280 Cores, 80 TMUs, 48 ROPs, 6144 MB GDDR5, 2002 MHz, 192 bit

Well, tried updating to the newest driver's from Eurocom's website, then also added the DVDFab64.exe to the nVidia profile to be sure it was trying to use the dedicated GPU instead of the integrated Intel4000 GPU. No luck after either change.

Comment

Found the Enlarger AI settings page. Under AI Device I can choose the GTX 1060 card. It will then give the error page letting me know it's not supported. So looks like it just doesn't see it as on the list of approved GPUs.

Hardware info shows both GPUs as detected. Obviously lots of red X's for the Intel 4000, but the nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 (25.21.14.181) shows all green except for h264 / 10bit and VC-1 / 1080p.
      Codec info is listed as follows:
      Graphics Chipset :
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Driver Version: 10.18.10.4653

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Driver Version: 25.21.14.1881

Supported Video Codecs :
      CUDA_MODE_H264
      CUDA_MODE_VC1
      CUDA_MODE_MPEG2
      CUDA_MODE_H265
      DXVA_MODE_H264
      DXVA_MODE_VC1
      DXVA_MODE_MPEG2
      INTEL_MODE_H264
      INTEL_MODE_MPEG2

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by aggie113; 09-07-2020, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Hi,

The limited the driver of nvidia should be newer than 418.96.
        There should be some measge in pop up windows when click "start" AI job.
        Please use new driver from offical site, https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/
        Try install 452.06 WHQL

yours,
        Wilson

Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 09-07-2020, 10:53 AM.
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Going from the available download page from NVIDIA, none of the driver sets listed is compatible with my card. I require a driver set that includes a Device ID subsystem that starts with 5105 (my card shows as VEN_10DE&DEV_1C60&SUBSYS_51051558&REV_A1). Without that entry to edit, I can't create a compatible driver.
          edit: I will try to modify the newer driver's ini files in a slightly different way to let it see my card properly. Hopefully it will work.
          Last edited by aggie113; 09-07-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

OK, was surprised that dirty hack worked but I was able to load some recent drivers. The Enlarger AI seems happy and recognized the GTX 1060 card. Rocking through my job now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X