Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settings questions

Hello,
    i have several older avi\mp4 files of various media, going from late 90s scifi to 30s and 40s black and white movies.
    In enlarger AI, i am trying to understand the relationship between the MB\Speed pulldown menu, and the quality pulldown menu. I can choose ultra quality without going with the larger file size? What are you gaining and losing by each option?

Next looking at other packages, does smoother ia work in conjunction with enlarger ai, or is it separate? Also is there a point where it is more beneficial or less beneficial?

How does enlarger AI differ from Video enhancer as they sound like they kinda do the same thing.

A higher bitrate will get better video quality, and that means a larger file size.
    Or you can set it to use CRF, file size is uncertain.

Enlarger AI is to upscale, it needs to work with other DVDFab 12 products, it can upgrade Video/DVD/Blu-ray. Video Enhancer AI can work alone, it is to adjust color, image vivid, and upscale too, but it is only for videos like MP4, MKV.

For now, Enlarger AI and Smoother AI do not support working at the same time.

Comment

What is CRF? I have a Codex select option, a file size, quality option, and resolution. I dont fuilly understand the relation between filesize and quality and them being separate. I can have ULTRA quality but with a 1024mb file, or a 9824mb file but a lesser quality.
      I am not trying to make the files enormous, i just want to clean up some old 90s series's I have.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EnlargerAI.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	405058
      Also for doing this for older series's, is Enlarger AI the better choice, or is Video Enhancer, and why? As those are separate but similar tools, what are they both better suited for, ie when is it best to use one over the other and vice verse?

Comment

Working...
      X