No announcement yet.

How to Make it work on a MAC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About a Boy, does the same thing on the internal or external drive.

Preferences -> Info shows nothing on the internal drive.
    On the external drive, it shows:

Info for folder [/Volumes/ABOUT_A_BOY/VIDEO_TS/] ( )

Disc type: DVD-Video
    Disc region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    Video standard: NTSC

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is not found.
    RC (Region Code) protection is not found.
    RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
    APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
    UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is removed!

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
    Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
    Invalid CELLs protection is removed!
    Invalid VOBUs protection is removed!
    Fake vts protection is not found!
    Bad sector protection is not found!
    Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is not found.

PathPlayer is disabled.

I suspect if I go put this in my PC, PathPlayer would be enabled and it would find all those copy protections.

Comment

DVDFab does not access DVD

Like the others DVDFab will not read the disc in either the internal or USB connected drive. I have two iMacs/Lion and both do the same thing. The funny thing is I have Vmware fusion/xp on one and parallels/w7 on the other and the windows version of DVDFab cannot access the drives in those virtual machines either.

Comment

Similar issue....I play with VirtualBox and am unable to access the DVD drive from a Windows Virtualbox.

Comment

I run Parallels 6 on my Mac Mini with OS X 10.6.8. My internal drive died a while ago, and I use an external, FireWire-connected DVD-RW drive. DVDFab works fine on XP running on Parallels, and (so far) on my Mac (only reading so far, as mentioned in another post).

Comment

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
            You reference the Windows version....this is the MAC forum.

I do have PathPlayer enabled. Almost always do. I I have about 15 disks where I need to turn PathPlayer off, but this is not one of them.
            Hi timmymac123
            Sorry, did not know that the GUI was different.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi all,
              We only tested 3 USB-devices:
              1. ASUS-SBW-06C1S;
              2. MacBook Air SuperDrive; and a older device of Sony, maybe is BWU-300S.

Fab of Mac works well normal. But sometimes Fab won't read.
              Please reconnect the USB device or reboot tha Mac. In most cases, it will be OK again.
              By the way, both DVD-rom of Mac Mini and Mac book should support well.

Thanks,
              Potti
              Last edited by Potti; 09-25-2011, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st!_Blood% View Post
                Hi all,
                We only tested 3 USB-devices:
                1. ASUS-SBW-06C1S;
                2. MacBook Air SuperDrive; and a older device of Sony, maybe is BWU-300S.

Fab of Mac works well normal. But sometimes Fab won't read.
                Please reconnect the USB device or reboot tha Mac. In most cases, it will be OK again.
                By the way, both DVD-rom of Mac Mini and Mac book should support well.

Thanks,
                Potti
                I have rebooted, a few times. The application still does not seem to read the disc as comprehensively as it does under windows.

I have tried External Drives TEAC DV-W28S-V (USB)
                and an Optiarc BC-5500S (USB).
                Also an Internal Drive, OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5680H (SATA)

I have never gotten DVD Fab to utilize a disk under MAC OS X 10.7.1

Comment

I installed DvdFab for Mac on my MacBook running OS X 10.6.8. The program will read the DVD on both internal and external dvd/rw. I can rip the DVD to the internal hard drive and to a shared device. So far it works well on my Snow Leopard MacBook but on my two iMac's running Lion 10.7.1 DvdFab will not read the discs.

Comment

Mac 10.6.8

I just downloaded the Mac version on to my Macbook Pro 10.6.8 and grabbed the first movie off my shelf for the trial run and it appears to have worked. A couple of things. It took twice as long as the normal PC version, tok about 40 minutes to back up compared to roughly 20 it normally takes but not really concerned with that. It did seem to freeze up my computer after the back up was finished but the actual back up was not affected at all. It compressed it down to 4.2 and seems to be great at my end. I am going to try other movies and see if they work just as well, so I will post if anything weird comes up.

I know we cannot buy this yet, any idea when we will be able too? I am sure once the 30 days are up that will be an option. I have been waiting for the Mac version and want to get it

Thanks

Comment

Preview version

One quick question...

I know this is preview version, does that still mean we will only get it for 30 days even if there are bugs that need to be worked out? Just curious....

I am backing up another movie to see if it works like in my previous post.

Thanks again

Comment

We will the release a new preview version to resolve the issue of "doesn't recognize DVD ". Please try again later.

Comment

Dear all,

Please re-download the Preview version and try again, thanks.

Best Regards,
                          Fengtao
                          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thanks. I look forward to trying it out when I get home tonight!

Comment

Ok, making some better headway.

It took about 20 minutes to do a "main movie" of "About A Boy", (alphabetically, the first DVD I have).

It did *not* work in the the Internal Drive, OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5680H (SATA).
                              It did the same as before where it started to scan the disk, but then stopped abruptly with no error and would not work.

Upon using the External Drives TEAC DV-W28S-V (USB), it worked much like I suspected.

Do you all want any logs/details from the still failing internal "superdrive"?

Comment

Hi timmymac123,

Please post the internal log, thanks.

Best Regards,
                                Fengtao
                                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
                                X