DVDFab doesn't recognize DVD in the drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other DVDFab doesn't recognize DVD in the drive

I put a DVD that I've previously backed up just to test the mac version, but on my iMac, using either the internal optical drive or the USB external drive, DVDFab doesn't recognize any DVD.

In the source box it just says "Please insert DVD disk or choose DVD folder / image...". FWIW, the disk shows up fine in Finder and other ripping software see it without any problems. Also, DVDFab for windows is running on the same hardware (Bootcamp, Windows 7 64) and everything is fine on that side.

Any ideas on what I could try?

EDIT: Not sure if this is helpful or related, but I've also just noticed that I cannot eject the disk from the drive while DVDFab is running. I have to shut DVDFab down, log out and then I can eject it. Weird.

-------------------------
    Early 09 24" iMac running 10.7.1
    Last edited by ATC; 09-26-2011, 02:50 AM.

Hi ATC,
    Please read this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14716.
    1.Cannot eject DVD disc when DVDFab is running.
    2.DVD-ROM or BD-ROM drive is not supported well, we suggest to use DVD-RW or BD-RW drive.
    Best regards.
    terry5

Comment

Thanks Terry,

I see the "unable to eject disk" is a known issue, however both of my drives are DVD-RW.

Comment

We will the release a new preview version to resolve the issue of "doesn't recognize DVD ". Please try again.

Comment

Thanks. I look forward to the new version.

Comment

Dear all,

Please re-download the Preview version and try again, thanks.

Best Regards,
            Fengtao
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I downloaded the new preview version and Lion will now read the DVD in both internal and external/USB drives.

Well done Fentao.

I look forward to the first released MAC Version of DVDFAB.

Comment

The the new version recognizes the DVDs, thanks!

Comment

Just for testing I just backed up my son's Disney Cars DVD and DVDFab worked great. Burned the resulting Video_TS file using Toast Titanium with no issues.

Just a suggestion, it would be great to have the progress status overlaid on the DVDFab dock icon, as a percentage or a mini progress bar, or both, that way it's only a glance away to see where it's at instead of having to bring forward the DVDFab window.

Comment

Working...
                  X