Interesting issue with the Mac version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy Interesting issue with the Mac version

I have the latest preview on my iMac (Sep 26 version). On the same iMac, under Windows 7 (Bootcamp) I have the latest version of the Windows edition of DVDFab.

Today, for testing purposes, I tried backing up Transformers 3 (R1) DVD that came bundled with the BluRay disk package.

On the Mac side, DVDFab successfully analyzed the DVD showing ~3.7GB size and the process completed successfully. The resulting DVD however didn't play, giving an error on all my DVD players.

I then tried the Transformers DVD on the Windows side, same hardware, same optical drive etc... this time DVDFab anaylized the DVD successfully but showing a size of ~7.8GB. The resulting DVD worked fine.

So, same hardware, optical drive, DVD were analyzed differently between the Mac version and the Windows version; the Mac version being problematic.

Just thought it was interesting.

Do you sure that Mac Fab select the correct title, just same as windows Fab? Since if both of them analyzed well. The different is the size of title. Please sure this first.

Comment

^^^

This was done as a Full Disk copy so there were no titles to choose.

I just tried this with the latest preview too (Preview version Sep 29 2011), and still the same issue.

Comment

I see. I assumed that both the latest mac preview and latest windows versions employed the same decrypting engine.

Comment

I downloaded the latest version from the sticky thread above but the header in the app still shows Preview September 29th.

Comment

Working...
          X