DVD RIPPER for Mac-painfully slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy DVD RIPPER for Mac-painfully slow

installed it and it looked promising until I tried to Rip for Generic and then Ipad and the task time left clicked over 9+ hours - compare this to about 20 mins on PC. Some way to go yet Fentengo but looking forward to major improvements to parrallel efficiency of PC version. A bit rich to ask for forward orders on a Halloween special when it doesn't work perfectly. Will the Christmas special promise a fully functioning version?

Agreed....

Ripper has a few flaws....

I still am unable to find a solution using any of the DVDfab products to get a single image with ripper that maintains all the CHAPTER settings. It was suggested to change the "No split" to "Split on Chapters" but that just ends up creating a whole bunch of smaller files. I have successfully used copy Copy Main Movie which seems pretty speedy leaving me with an unprotected version that Handbrake can be used on to create a single file while MAINTAINING the chapter splits.

Is there going to be a discount for just the DVDCopy / Blu-ray Copy? I cannot see spending any more money on this product if I cannot at least get the same function as free products...I have already spent a fortune on DVDfab products to date...Ripped most of my movies and realized I did not have any chapters saved inside the image.

So I am going to rip again. I would LOVE for DVDfab to be able to rip and save the chapters in one file...is that too much to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by collectomaniac8 View Post
      installed it and it looked promising until I tried to Rip for Generic and then Ipad and the task time left clicked over 9+ hours - compare this to about 20 mins on PC. Some way to go yet Fentengo but looking forward to major improvements to parrallel efficiency of PC version. A bit rich to ask for forward orders on a Halloween special when it doesn't work perfectly. Will the Christmas special promise a fully functioning version?
      I'm having the same issue. it starts off fine but after less then 3 minutes... it says 22 hours. It's encoding at about 3Fps and continues to drop even lower. I had no issues with the PC version so I pre purchased the MAC version. If it's going to be this slow, I want a refund!!!

Comment

Hi All:
        As you know, this is a preview version, that is mean it is not a beta version. Also it isn't offical version. We put the preview version out since sombody want experience himself first. So if DVDFab-mac preview have problem, it is normal.
        Freeze, performance, video quailty problem are known issues.
        Our develpers are working on this. Please wait a beta version patient.

Thanks,
        Potti

Comment

Working...
        X