Unable to RIP from copied DVD or External DVD/RW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BD Ripper Unable to RIP from copied DVD or External DVD/RW

I just downloaded the latest beta. I copied a DVD from the external DVD/RW drive to the hard drive without problems. When it finished I still cannot eject the disc without closing DVDFab first. So I closed DVDFab and ejected the disc.

I then tried to RIP the movie by dragging the DVD folder from the hard drive to DVDFab. It did not read the folder. I tried using the folder icon to open the folder but that did not work either.

I then tried to RIP the movie from the DVD in the external DVD/RW drive. It did read the DVD OK and started to rip the movie. It stopped ripping at .50% complete.

I again tried to rip from the DVD in the external dive with the same results. The program stopped at .50%.

I have a BTO iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 w/16 GB RAM running version 10.7.2

I tried uninstalling DVDFab and deleting the DVDFab folder from documents and then reinstalling the program. I still cannot get DVDFab to read the DVD in the drive or read the folder from the hard drive.

Comment

In your said, two known issues which is should colse DVDfab if you want to eject disc, another is DVDfab-Mac can't read a folder source no matter it is DVD ro BD.
      We are working on this.
      The freeze problem we can't repro. Would you please post the internal log which is in Documents\DVDfab\Log\dvdfab_internal.log.

Thanks,
      Potti

Comment

I again tried to rip the main move from an external DVD/RW drive. The program read the DVD OK. I chose the iPad default and adjusted the crop because the automatic setting put the movie at the top of the screen with one black bar at the bottom. I started the rip and the program stopped at .30%. I restarted DVDFab and tried it again disabling the automatic cropping and the program stopped at .37%. I restarted DVDFab for the third time and left everything at default values and the program stopped at .30%. This time when I closed DVDFab it crashed and gave me problem report. I have attached both files.
        Attached Files

Comment

me to same problem on DVD and bluray hard disk copied

Comment

I downloaded Preview 3 and was able to copy the DVD to the hard drive. I was also able to rip the main movie using the default iPad settings from the DVD in an external drive in under 10 minuets. I was also able to rip an ISO file from a network share using the default iPhone settings in under 7 minutes. I am still unable to rip anything from a VIDEO_TS folder copied to the hard drive though. It's almost there and I look forward to the official release. I am confident the DVDFab team will make the Mac version the best in its class.

Comment

Working...
            X