No announcement yet.

AppleTV definition is still broken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BD Ripper AppleTV definition is still broken!

When are you going to fix the definition for AppleTV?

As of the latest update to AppleTV Firmware (which coincided with the release of Apple IOS 4.3.1 at the beginning of the year), They seem to not like it when Audio is encoded at more than 160kbs per channel (320kbs total)

I could have munged that description, but I am currently in the process of re-ripping everything since almost everything was ripped (and actually played on AppleTV before the Update) based on the useless (as of today's AppleTV firmware) AppleTV definition inside of DVDfab.

The AppleTV and the iPAD and iTouch all seem to carry the same audio/video specifications now. And looking at the default settings...the ipad.multichannel may or may not work.

It certainly would be nice if there were better testing on current hardware to make the device definitions.

Apple has refused and will not fix their IOS. The files all worked on the iPad and the AppleTV before the IOS updates. They claim it to be a feature and that is that....great...something that worked now doesn't and that's a "feature"

Thanks Apple!

AppleTV Suggestion

If you want to encode for AppleTV simply use HandBrake with the AppleTV 2 default settings it will give you both the 5.1 and 2.0 tracks on a file that will play on your AppleTV and shared devices. It is a free program and does excellent AppleTV encodes. For those stubborn DVD's DVDFab comes to the rescue. Dimply have DVDFab make you an iso of the movie and then have Handbrake open that iso and encode it to the AppleTV 2 format and your done.

Comment

yes, i've also realized that we might have to use [removed] n dvdfab sparingly.

For now... at least until dvdfab become more table n fully functioned
      Last edited by Complication; 12-07-2011, 07:42 PM. Reason: forum policy

Comment

That's what I do now...plus run it through MetaX for proper tagging before importing into iTunes...

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X