Blu-ray Burner For Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Copy Blu-ray Burner For Mac?

I need suggestions for a known reliable external blu-ray burner that will work with the Mac version of Fab.

Thanks
    Last edited by fengtao; 12-08-2011, 06:58 AM.

For Blu-ray drive, we suggest LG and Pioneer, you can buy external drive or internal drive with enclosure.

The following models pass all our testing in our QA process:
    LG GBW-H20L
    Pioneer BDR-205

For media, we suggest Verbatim as always.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I was looking at the Pioneer, but have read that they have had issues on Mac computers with the drive disappearing or no longer showing up after installation. I have not read anything about the LG GBW-H20L. I have an All-In-One Mac so there is no room for an internal drive so it would have to be external.

These drives that pass QA, are they being tested on a Mac and if so what type?

I always use Verbatim!

Thanks

Comment

Yes, they are tested under Mac.
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
          I have not read anything about the LG GBW-H20L.
          And you won't - because it's not even a current model. Their newest model is the WH12LS39, which works flawlessly on the Mac (and one of the only models that can burn a M-Disk)

For media, TDK has a new coating that I heard is very durable and they play in every player tested with so far.

Comment

I've read about the LG burners being good, but what about burn software? I use IMGburn on my old windows machine, but what to use on a Mac? The VSO burn engine has had compatibility problems in the past.

Comment

I am also looking.
              Will this one work?
              LG WH12LS38K it is a blu ray/dvd combo burner.

Comment

That last model I posted I can not find specs as to if it is mac compatible, but this one LG-BP40NS20 will work with mac. If any drive is listed as it will work with mac will it also work with the software? Or are there only certain drives that will work with the software?

Comment

dvd fab issues

i just got the new update for dvd fab 8.1.8.5 now the program starts to come up but then just shuts down whats up with this. tried to uninstall a put back on again but it just does the same thing.

Comment

Any suggestions on a USB 3.0 burner? I'm picking up a Mac air for traveling and want to utilize the 3.0
                    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Samsung Portable BD Writer SE-506

Hello,
                      First I was working with a Plextor PX-LB950UE.
                      Since DVDFab always froze up in the middle of writing, but I wasnt really sure if it was working correctly.
                      So last night I got the Samsung and I have a better feeling since its new and compatible with MAC.
                      Does anyone have information on it concerning DVDFab ?
                      I would appreciate your infos.
                      Thank you.

Comment

I am using the Asus slim burner and have not had an issue, but have had a few with the Fab software! Not sure if I'm gonna make the jump and purchase yet!
                        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Plextor PX-LB950UE

Hello,
                          Im running Mountain Lion and using a Plextor PX-LB950UE burner and it seems to work. Would it pass your MAC Test?

Quirlo

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
                            Any suggestions on a USB 3.0 burner? I'm picking up a Mac air for traveling and want to utilize the 3.0
                            I'm using the memorex 98839 and its outstanding and fast

Comment

I got rid of all the Windows boxes last april but still have my windows laptop for DVDFAB.

Since we are now a MAC family after 30 years, i want to upgrade DVDFAB to burning,copying and ripping Blu-ray.

I went to OWC.com ( other world computing) and found the following exterior blu-ray burner and was wondering if you guys liked this product?

MRF8BDSD15X OWC Mercury Pro 15X Blu-ray+DVD/CD Burner FireWire 800/400, USB 2.0, eSATA Solution. Up to 12X Blu-ray, 16X DVD, and 40X CD Burn Speeds. Includes: 2 Pieces 25GB 4x Single Layer Media in Jewel, Connecting Cables. 1yr OWC Warranty.

any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X