No media detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy No media detected

Since installing DVDFAB for Mac v. 8.1.3.8, I have not been able to copy anything. When I begin the process, it recognizes the disk, but when I hit the start button to copy the disk, I get the following message:
    NO MEDIA DETECTED IN DRIVE
    PLEASE INSERT A COMPATIBLE MEDIA TO START THE WRITE PROCESS
    I am able to restart in Bootcamp and using my Windows version of DVDFAB to copy the disk.
    Not sure what additional info is needed for this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

Try the lastest build for mac 8139 QT, which fixed some burnning issues. Enjoy yourself.

Comment

Still no media detected

I upgraded to 8.1.3.9, but still have the same problem. Specifically, I start DVDFAB, insert the disk I wish to copy and DVDFAB recognizes it. When I hit the radio button to begin the copy process, the program jumps to the section of the copy process where it would be burning the stored copy to disk. At this point is when it declares that "No media is detected" In other words it is skipping the copy process all together, going to the burn process and asks for a writable disk, which I could not insert anyway because DVDFAB has locked out the eject function on my key board. The only way to eject the disk is to close out DVDFAB entirely and then eject.
      I am beginning to regret this rather large purchase of a lifetime subscription for DVDFAB Mac. I should have been content with the my fully functioning windows version of DVDFAB, and just put up with the inconvinence of having to restart my Mac and running Bootcamp in order to co[y disks.
      Please renew my faith in all things Mac and DVDFAB and send words of wisdom that will correct this problem.

Comment

Hi dragon1947; I have the exact same problem when trying to copy the source disc to the same device (i.e.the source and targets are the same drive). For some, reason that is unknown to me, DVDfab wants a blank disc in the drive before it processes the source disc. I was able to work around the problem by copying to an iso file on my hard drive then copying the iso file to a DVD disc. I did get an error message at the end of the burn but the DVD played just fine. I haven't tried the workaround lately though. I can't get DVDfab to work at all with my internal DVD drive. I posted my problems on this forum some time ago. So far no help from the DVDfab folks.

Comment

Joek.payne,
          I was able to start copying after I upgraded to v. 8.1.5.8. However, it is still necessary to manually enter the source disk and then the target where you want to copy the file to, i.e. I set up a temp. folder on my desk top. when you are ready to burn the copy, just reverse the procedure. When the burn is finished, you can empty the temp folder to save drive space.
          I hope that this helps you. TAKE CARE!

Comment

same

i do have the same problem , with my win version all works great but with my macs i can not make it work right i have try several different ways and os'x , i did try all mac versions of fab and none did work as good as the win version , i did had very high hopes for it , maybe with time , in any case any help will be appreciate it .
            Thank you

this is what i'm using now
            2.3 core i7 MBPro Early 11 15" (1680 X1050 )
            16 GB 1333 DDR3
            INTEL HD 3000 512MB AND AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB
            LION 10.7.3

Comment

Working...
            X