I lose audio when ripping into iTunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BD Ripper I lose audio when ripping into iTunes

Every DVD I convert to my portable hard drive works fine, but when I transfer from the hard drive to iTunes I lose all audio. Is there something I'm missing on the setup?

I use a mac; can someone instruct me where I can find the burn log so I can post that as well?

Thanks - Stephen

What audio are you using in your conversions? You're pretty much going to have to stick with AAC or mp3 for iTunes.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I was converting everything to MP4 for my hard drive . It was my understanding that iTunes would support MP4 format, I'll go try to rip one using MP3 and see if that works. Thanks

Comment

It will play MP4 files, but not with audiocopy stream. I'm talking about audio only here. mp4 AAC play fine.

Albert Einstein

Comment

The audio format settings Im using are 64KBPS / stereo. Still no luck.

Do I have to use DVDfab file transfer for transferring to iTunes, or will the ripper program work alone.

Comment

The ripper works for me Stephen but I have a PC. Try generic.mp4.h264.aac if that doesn't work in iTunes then there is problem somewhere.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I actually have been using the generic MP4 format. It works great for the hard drive, but still no luck when going to iTunes. I'll keep working on it. Thanks a lot for your help so far.

Comment

Try the iPad profile Stephen, if that doesn't play in iTunes I'm out of ideas

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X