Having trouble ripping discs from other regions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BD Ripper Having trouble ripping discs from other regions

I've been in email contact with DVDFab, but thought I'd post here to see if anyone can suggest anything, or if they have similar problems.

I'm using a late-2006 MacBook and it's running Mac 10.7.3. The drive Matshita CD-RW CW-8221 and it is currently on region 2 with changes left. DVDFab 8.1.6.9.

I try to rip and preview region 1 and region 3 DVDs:

Playing Preview causes the program to hang.

After ripping, it shows an FBI warning and then barely plays (all purple with break-up).

Region 2 and 0 discs do work, however. Therefore, I can only conclude it's a problem with discs in regions which the drive isn't on.

The Mac Pro (10.7.3) is worse - it doesn't rip at all, but either claims the process has completed successfully, or there's a read error.

I have no problems playing the disc on my two DVD players, and I can rip using DVDFab on the PC.

Thanks!

Apparently, this is caused by the drives that Apple fits to their machines. Have seen this many times before.

Either replace the drives with a decent unit or forget it.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The drive Matshita CD-RW CW-8221 is the problem and you are not alone, google it.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
        X