Won't launch after initial install shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BD Ripper Won't launch after initial install shutdown

I installed DVD Fab Ripper for Mac over the weekend and purchased a lifetime subscription to it. It worked just fine after the initial install and it's first launch but once shut down it would never launch again. If I reinstalled it from the downloaded .pkg file it would launch and work again but upon shutdown it would not restart. I've left it running minimized for now and it keeps working but if I shut it down again it would cease to launch again and I'd have to reinstall it again.

It's version 8.1.7.3 and I'm running it on a 2011 i5 Mac Mini.

Is there a "fix" for this problem?

Please post dvdfab_internal.log file, thanks.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

The log file is very long, so I will only copy the last few entries.

I closed DVDFab this morning then tried to relaunch it twice. It did not launch either time. The last three lines of the dvdfab_internal.log are:

4/4/12 7:28:25.983 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: ([0x00x2e02e].Goland.DVDFab[348]) Exited with code: 1

4/4/12 7:28:36.993 AM [0x0-0x110110].DVDFab: LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10665 for the file /Applications/DVDFab.app/Contents/Resources/DVDFab.app.

4/4/12 7:31:00.382 AM [0x0-0x114114].DVDFab: LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10665 for the file /Applications/DVDFab.app/Contents/Resources/DVDFab.app.

Comment

Hi JsARCLIGHT
        Please post a full log relevant to the issues your having for Fengtao.
        Thanks
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

There is an issue with the mac version of DVDFAb which Fentago have not acknowledged yet.

I have multiple macs in the house, so I know that it's not just my computer but the software is damaged.

If you try and keep the DVDFAB program in the Mac Dock it will grey out and won't open after the initial use and install. You will either see nothing happen when you try to launch the program, or an error will show saying that PowerPC applications are not supported.

I have never seen a program show errors like this before. Although DVDFAB is great at what it does, it seems to be poorly written on the mac.

Comment

I attached the .log file to this post, or at least I hope I did...

But going off of what Billiejoe said above I tried an experiment and I reinstalled DVDFab again but this time I did NOT put it in my dock OR delete the desktop shortcut it creates and what do you know it works. Close it and launch it from the desktop shortcut and it works.

BUT if I delete that desktop shortcut it stops working. I'm guessing everything ties into that desktop shortcut then because each time I reinstalled DVDFab I dragged it into my dock from the applications window in the finder then deleted the desktop shortcut. I can't speak for everyone but I personally loathe desktop shortcuts on my Mac and prefer everything to be either in my dock where it is nice and neat or launched from the finder. So each time I reinstalled it and trashed that shortcut was breaking it?

So I suppose in order to use DVDFab without having to reinstall it constantly I have to keep the ugly desktop shortcut in place... disappointing... it will be my only one.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by CBR929; 04-05-2012, 01:22 AM. Reason: Fixed log

Comment

Originally posted by JsARCLIGHT View Post
              I attached the .log file to this post, or at least I hope I did...

But going off of what Billiejoe said above I tried an experiment and I reinstalled DVDFab again but this time I did NOT put it in my dock OR delete the desktop shortcut it creates and what do you know it works. Close it and launch it from the desktop shortcut and it works.

BUT if I delete that desktop shortcut it stops working. I'm guessing everything ties into that desktop shortcut then because each time I reinstalled DVDFab I dragged it into my dock from the applications window in the finder then deleted the desktop shortcut. I can't speak for everyone but I personally loathe desktop shortcuts on my Mac and prefer everything to be either in my dock where it is nice and neat or launched from the finder. So each time I reinstalled it and trashed that shortcut was breaking it?

So I suppose in order to use DVDFab without having to reinstall it constantly I have to keep the ugly desktop shortcut in place... disappointing... it will be my only one.
              That's what my experience has been. The issue needs to be fixed as like yourself, I and many other Mac users don't keep icons on the desktop, we use the dock, and this application just doesn't work in the dock, plain and simple.

There was one thing I noticed though. If you get rid of the shortcut on the desktop and obviously don't use the dock, you can still access the application in the Mac Application folder directly and the program will open. This is what I have resorted to for the time being, as I will not have anything other than the Mac Hard Drive on my desktop.

As soon as this issue is fixed I want to upgrade to the DVD Copy full version rather than the free DVD FAB HD Decrypter I have at the moment. I simply wont do it until they fix this issue though. It's ridiculous, it will annoy pretty much all Mac users and likely turn them off the program. I have never experienced the issue with any other Mac program ever, it cant be that hard to make something work in the operating system.

Comment

Launching DVDFab

I have a similar experience with 8.1.6.9. No desktop shortcut, and the application won't launch. With 8.1.6.3 the shortcut can be deleted and the app still launches. Most un-Mac like behavior.

Comment

Working...
                X