Ghost Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Protocol

Having trouble with Ghost Protocol Region 1.
    I updated to the newest Fab for mac 8.1.7.6.
    It takes a little longer than normal to identify the proper path but when it does and I select next it gives me this error message. "Please specify path of Nero or ImgBurn at first."

When you click OK it takes you to the common settings under DVD > Write.
    Under burning Engine it is blank.

I have never used Nero nor ImgBurn on a Mac. I think it used to read "DVDFab Burning Engine", but I am unable to select any option now. I am just trying to make an ISO anyway.

Another strange thing is under FULL disc and DVD( Quality shows up as 17% and DVD reads as 44GB?
    Last edited by Ozzie; 04-17-2012, 03:52 PM.

Ghost Protocol

After reading the Disc my DVD Copy is set for DVD 9 and still shows file to be 44GB and at 17%.

Also after upgrading to v8.1.7.6 (April 12) my DVD Fab Burn engine is gone?
    When I go to common settings under write it blank? It has no burning engine and will not let me pick one. It used to have a DVD Fab burning engine but now there is nothing and won't let me select anything since the drop down menu is blank.

Comment

Try latest version 8.1.7.8

Comment

8.1.7.8 is not a MAC version.
        8.1.7.6 is the latest Mac version out as far as I know.

Comment

Thread moved to Mac forum.
          Posting in the wrong forum causes confusion and waste time.

Comment

DVDFab Burning Engine is Missing.

O.K. DVDFab does not work for any disc at the moment. It appears that the DVD Fab burning engine is missing and I can't find a way to add it. I have done a complete uninstall and re-install with the same issue.

Comment

Two threads on same subject merged.

Comment

Hi,

I suppose that you are used trial build and your DVDFab has been expired, please check it in About dialog!

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

No Trial but BINGO!!!!

Wilson.Wang I am not using a trial version, I have had the mac version since day one however you solved my problem!!!

After reading your post I looked in "About DVDFab..." and it did say expired.
                  I entered my registration code and bam DVDFab burn engine is now there again. It must of dropped the license after the update.

Why did it give me this error code;
                  "Please specify path of Nero or ImgBurn at first."

The error code should of been no license or expired license.

How did you figure that out? I was scratching my head on that one all day.
                  Thanks Again.

Comment

Wilson. Wang I am having issues with this Ghost Protocol thing and I have already done all the aforementioned steps. Any new developments on this quandary!??

Comment

Hi:
                      To Ozzie:
                      Why did it give me this error code;
                      "Please specify path of Nero or ImgBurn at first."
                      --this is a bug of DVDFab for Mac, we will fix it ASAP.

To DonDiablito:
                      What problem with the disc Ghost Protocol thing? Is it DVD verion or BD?
                      Would you please post the internal.log here?

Thanks,
                      Potti

Comment

Waiting on this myself. I was unable to copy
                        ghost protocol with dvd fab for mac ver. 8.1.6.3

Comment

Potti

To Potti

While your working out the bugs on that message, I will also add the DVDFab is not checking for updates on its own. I have the box checked in the common settings but it never actually checks on its own.

Also after you do an update it drops your license and thats whats giving that error code that your working on, Before when you did an update it would remember your license.

Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
                            To Potti.

Also after you do an update it drops your license and thats whats giving that error code that your working on, Before when you did an update it would remember your license.

Good Luck.
                            This has happened off and on for several months and several versions to many members including me.

The license is not the only settings that failed to carry over that is why is is a good habit to check setting and license after every update.

Comment

Working...
                            X