No announcement yet.

ISO to ISO conversion doesn't work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy ISO to ISO conversion doesn't work...

Hello, there - apologies if this is something simple that I'm just not able to figure out, but I can't seem to get DVDFab to process an ISO image file into a new ISO image file without having to compress it.

For example, if I pick DVD5 as the destination size and the original ISO is large enough to require compression, then DVDFab will happily generate a new ISO file successfully. However, if I pick DVD9 in order to preserve full quality (or if the source ISO is small enough to not require compression for DVD5), then DVDFab displays this prompt:

"There is no need to copy Full Disc between ISO files without compression.
    Do you want to continue?"

...and you can only click on "OK" but nothing happens.

So how can I get DVDFab to process a source ISO file into a new ISO file without having to compress?? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated - thanks in advance! =)

What would be the point in just making a new ISO image?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

There are actually many advantages to ISO images processed through DVDFab vs. other software, including removal of region codes, RCE, UOP's, etc. I have many ISO image files (as well as VIDEO_TS folders) previously ripped with other software that wasn't as capable as DVDFab is. ;-)

So you can understand why I might want to process my library through DVDFab => in order to generate new & improved ISO image files (w/ less annoying protections), without having to re-rip my entire collection (especially since DVDFab is a rather slow ripper, but excellent otherwise!).

A few more notes on other things I've figured out while attempting to do this:

- it is possible to process a source ISO image file into a destination VIDEO_TS folder, and then again process that VIDEO_TS folder into a new destination ISO image file; however, this is a 2-step process and too time-consuming

- if I first mount a source ISO image file, and then attempt to process the VIDEO_TS folder enclosed inside into a new ISO image file, I get the following result (I don't know why DVDFab can't read from a mounted volume):
      "Task_1 failed! Error=100
      Process failed!"

- as I mentioned before, ISO to ISO conversion works fine if DVD5 option is picked (and compression is needed); only ISO to ISO conversion in full quality (DVD9) does not proceed because the software thinks it's not necessary

- similarly, converting from a source VIDEO_TS folder to a new destination VIDEO_TS folder (without compression) is not allowed; it shows the following message:
      "There is no need to copy Full Disc between folders without compression.
      Do you want to continue?"
      ...and neither option ("Yes" or "No") does anything

I think that ISO to ISO conversion/processing (or even VIDEO_TS to VIDEO_TS conversion) is probably possible with the software - it's just that the software's logic doesn't allow it currently. Can this be modified so that this simple task is supported?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!! =)

Comment

Sorry to bother again, but was just wondering if anyone knows how to make ISO processing to another ISO file work? Or is this a limitation of the DVDFab software that has to be enabled by the developer?

Thanks in advance for any help! =)

Comment

Could you mount the fist image, then use fab to create a new iOS with the options you want enabled ?

Regards

Rod

Comment

Working...
          X