Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Copy New to Blu-ray - how do I select the title

Hi,
    I'm new to ripping blu-ray discs and am struggling on my first disc - the australian version of Wall.E

When I load this into DVDFab (Mac version) it auto selects title 0 which is only about 30 seconds long.

There are around 134 titles listed
    The ones that would be movie length number about 8 and appear to be greyed out in the title list box (you can still select them).

I have tried previewing the movie (a couple of the titles are obvious as they contain the directors voiceover) however the rest I can't' determine the difference.

is there a trick to this I am missing?

Thanks
    GS

Use DVD Player software on your MAC and play the disk as normal (VLC will do this). When playing the movie from the menu, then see what title is playing.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

When I have one with multiple titles I play it in the set top player and when the feature starts press the display or info button on the player's remote and it tells me what title is playing. Wait until the feature starts because some intro/warning stuff has its own title number.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Didn't see you there GregiBoy! I gave him a different option anyway.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Still on your SLOW meds, Niner?

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          Didn't see you there GregiBoy! I gave him a different option anyway.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have another gear to run in, but it is so slow I hardly ever use it!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the quick help guys.....

OK - playing on my panasonic BR player - hitting display simply shows T1 C1 (which I assumed was Title 1 Chapter 1) - I did this once the movie was actually playing.

I can't get VLC on the mac to work - I have followed all the issues people are having with this.

I plugged my BD drive into my Windows 7 machine and could read the disc using VLC
              PLaying the movie the title playing according to VLC Windows is: Title 40 [1.38.41]

Looking on the mac in DVDFab Title 40 is 0:16 seconds long.

VLC reported the run time as 1.38.41 for the movie so I looked at the titles with that run time. DVDFab shows 4 titles:
              359, 362, 400 and 401 - all of these appear in grey text (rather than black text)

I can't determine the difference in the streams.

Cheers
              GS

Comment

Working...
              X