Stuck in "Analyze..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Converter Stuck in "Analyze..."

Hi - I am trying to convert a .wmv file (approx 300MB) to another file format. When I try to add the .wmv file, the video converter gets stuck at "Analyze...". If I press "cancel", DVDfab no longer response (I have to kill the process).

It has been tested with several .wmv files - the result is the same.

I forgot to mention - I am running version 8.1.7.8

Comment

Problem still exist in latest version 8.1.8.3Beta. Please get it fixed.

Comment

Please understand .wmv is formulate by Microsoft, and if you want rip this, the Microsoft decoding and encoding engine is necessary. But this is DVDFab for Mac, fab can find the decoding and encoding engine form the system. That is why we delete alll of xbox360, .wma and .wmv profiles.

Comment

Noted regarding the file type (windows .wmv). However, it does not change the fact that dvdfab gets stuck while analysing the file and not possible to cancel.
          If a user tries to convert a file type not supported by DVDfab, a message should be presented to the user "file type not supported" and DVDfas should stop trying to analyse the file (or at least it should be possible to cancel the conversion).

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion, we will think about this, and improve soon.

Comment

Mine gets stuck analyzing also, but mine is only doing it for certain iso files that dvdfab created?

When I click cancel it will not cancel, I have to do a force quit. It's strange because it read the DVD and created the very iso file it cant open now.

Comment

8.1.9.0 did not fix this problem either, still gets stuck on analyze when trying to open iso files that dvdfab created.

Comment

Working...
                X